PDA

View Full Version : Bad fires in Palm Bay, FL

murphy1
05-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Lizzy, hope you are okay down there!!! Anyone going to the East Coast or Central or North of this area, just be aware if you have any respiratory sensitivity. I think my grandparents are okay, they are in Cocoa area.

Advnt05
05-13-2008, 10:01 AM
This is not good for me. I'm supposed to be down there over the memorial day weekend racing across the state in the Coast to Coast adventure race. I'm going to cough up a lung unless these things are out. This seems to happen every year in May. What gives?

BluewaterBrad
05-13-2008, 04:08 PM
I live in Charlotte Co. We had a fire close down SR 776 for a long time yesterday. All over it is really bad. Dont drop a match!!:mickey:

Lizzy
05-13-2008, 04:22 PM
We are doing ok for now. The fire was all around close to our house, and they lost some homes about a block away. THe whole scene is devastating. We are staying with my MIL for now, till the power comes back which could be a while since most of the power poles in the area were incinerated and the transponders are hanging by wires.

I left work early yesterday and had to weave through back roads just to get to my house. I had to drive between 2 fires and dodge the police car that was flagging me down :thedolls:

We packed up what we needed to and went to my MIL house. She is also in Palm Bay but not nearly as wooded an area as we are. I am very worried still, but things are starting to look better.

disneymom15
05-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Hope things improve for you down there. I'll be thinking of you.

tinkerbell04
05-15-2008, 06:47 PM
I will keep you and the rest of those affected in my thoughts and prayers. Stay safe, hope thinks get better soon!