PDA

View Full Version : face painting

scootch713
05-13-2008, 08:52 AM
I know there is face painting in MK in toontown, in epcot-about middle of world showcase, and DHS on streets of America..... where is it in AK? thanks.

Maleficent's Dad
05-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Our last visit, there was face painting in Africa, across from the fruit stand (close to Kilaminjaro Safari).

TheDuckRocks
05-13-2008, 09:29 AM
That was where it was in Jan. 2008 when we had my granddaughter's face done. She had the green one that made her look like a fairy, it was so cute.

scootch713
05-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks.. my girls want to get their faces painted before we come home to daddy.... and i am not sure right now where our last day will be. :mickey:

Young@Heart
05-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Does the face painting take a long time and is it hard to get off afterwards? I think it's so adorable, but we've never had it done-just the temporary tattoos.

TheDuckRocks
05-14-2008, 07:50 AM
I was very surprised at how quickly the painting was done, maybe 15 minutes max. I think the only problem could be if there was a long line. We got Katie's done second thing in the morning right after riding the Kilamanjaro safari. Her's lasted all day and on to Boma for dinner and it was still completely there when we got back to POR to go to bed. Katie is quite the diva and loves nothing better than to complain about anything that doesn't make her comfortable or hurts or is at all unpleasant. The next morning when we saw her she was still talking about how much she liked the face painting the day before, so getting it off of her couldn't have been too much trauma. Her mom, the senior diva, hasn't said anything about having any difficulty with getting it off either and how on the next trip to WDW she wants to get more close-ups for scrapbooking.

Maleficent's Dad
05-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Does the face painting take a long time and is it hard to get off afterwards?
My kids love face painting - I can't for the life of me understand why!!!

It's a quick process as Kay stated above. And yes, it comes off easily with soap & water. We do struggle at times with the "crevices" on the face - areas close to eyes and nose... but that's only because our kids lack the patience to get their face properly wiped off! :blush:

I believe
05-14-2008, 11:37 AM
My daughters had their faces painted at DHS on the path headed toward Star Wars. The only part of the face painting that did not last the whole day was the lip color. Perhaps they would refresh it if you asked...

DANAM
05-14-2008, 01:22 PM
I have never seen this before during regular hours. I thought it was something only done for special events such as the MNSSHP. I am wonder how much does this cost? and what types of things do they do?

Just when you thought you knew everything there is to know. The boards of intercot always introduce you to something you never new existed. Got to love it!!!!

Maleficent's Dad
05-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Perhaps they would refresh it if you asked...
Not sure if it's common practice, but they have "touched up" or refreshed my daughter's face in the past. This after a long day in the parks!

I am wonder how much does this cost? and what types of things do they do?
Cost is generally from $10-$15 from what I can remember - it depends on your design.

They do lots of animals - tigers, butterflies, etc., plus different designs. There's also a Darth Maul face that they do... But I believe they call it a "Sith Lord" face.

DisneyDoug2
05-15-2008, 12:04 PM
My kids got there faces painted in AK and they look great! The only problem is Kali River Rapids is the next stop on the loop around Africa and my DD freaked out when she realized that her face was going to get wet! So ride the rapids first if possible.

Young@Heart
05-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the info! If DD likes it (she's picky, so I never know), I think we'll give it a try. :mickey:

Gator
05-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Just remember to wear sunscreen underneath the face paint or it will be there for a long time. I had a friend who had "Jesus" sunburned on her forehead for weeks.

dizknee531
05-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Our last visit, there was face painting in Africa, across from the fruit stand (close to Kilaminjaro Safari).My daughter loves this one the best!! there is also one at the Boardwalk across from ESPN, but sometimes it moves around. There is also one in DTD outside by the restrooms and Arribas Bros.

TheDuckRocks
05-16-2008, 08:26 AM
I asked my daughter yesterday how the removal of the face paint went for Katie and she confirmed that it was very painless. She just sent Katie in to shower and shampoo her hair when we got back to the rooms and when she came out over 90% of it was gone. The remander was quickly removed by mom with a warm wash cloth and a tiny amount of soap.
My DD also reminded me that the day we had the face painting done that it started raining buckets a couple of hours later and there was very little damage done to the painting. She also wanted to let you know that sometimes when Katie has gotten her face painted at local fairs and school functions she often times gets very "itchy", but whatever Disney uses didn't have that effect at all.

Maleficent's Dad
05-16-2008, 09:13 AM
there is also one at the Boardwalk across from ESPN, but sometimes it moves around.
Alas, the face-painting stand at the Boardwalk is no longer there. It was permanently removed about a year ago... :(