PDA

View Full Version : How far in advance does Disney announce schedules?

snerd475
05-12-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm trying to plan my Nov 30-Dec 4th trip, and I have to figure out my ADRs before June 3rd, but since I don't know yet what the hours for the parks are, EMHs, etc., it's hard to decide.
Even the November calendar on WDW website says hours are not yet available. December isn't even up yet.

Those of you with experience may know if these might be up before June 3rd. Please advise! Thanks in advance!

bigbabyblues
05-12-2008, 07:08 PM
We're planning for late November too, and I'm surprised that the November hours aren't yet. For the last couple of years, they've released the park hours the first few days of the months for six months out.

Does that make any sense? Basically they "should" have had November hours out the first few days of May. December would historically be out around the first of June, etc.

mouselover93
05-12-2008, 09:52 PM
i always thought it was always 6 months before

Speedy1998
05-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Usually it is six months in advance. My guess would be that like the rest of us The Walt Disney company is uncertain about the economy and is waiting till they have a little better idea of what the crowds will be like before they announce hours.

Figment!
05-13-2008, 09:25 AM
November hours are being released later than typical this year.

In the meantime, you can view past year's November hours in the Historical Park Hours Archive (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/calendar/historical/archive/default.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central to get a general idea of what park hours are likely to be.

As soon as November park hours are released by Walt Disney World Operations, they will be posted in the Current Park Hours (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/calendar/parkhours.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central in a clear, concise format.

elmjimmlm
05-13-2008, 02:37 PM
November hours are being released later than typical this year.

Do you think that the Dec. will be released late too?

diz_girl
05-13-2008, 02:38 PM
I was also surprised that November hours are still not available. We are going to WDW the same week as you and I'm getting concerned about when December hours will be released. I like to use the park hours to help me schedule my ADRs. Although the MVMCP schedule is released and can give us a gauge as to when the MK will close and when Wishes will be held on those days, it doesn't help November visitors trying to decide on their ADRs, since the window is already open for many of them.

Since I'll be arriving Nov 30 and I know that the MVMCP will be held that day (Sunday), then I know that Wishes should be held at 6pm and I can watch them from the Poly beach. As for EMH for any other park, who knows.

As for Speedy's theory that Disney is taking a wait and see attitude because of the economy. I might agree, if I didn't just read an article from last week's Wall Street Journal (May 7)reporting that Disney parks are doing good business, in spite of the economic slowdown. Two reasons are an increase of international travelers, a result of the weak dollar, and more American families vacationing in the US, rather than going abroad, a result of both the weak dollar and the slowing (or possibly contracting) economy.

scootch713
05-14-2008, 07:36 PM
NOvember hours are 2 full weeks late... so chances that December will be out on time is probably slim. Heck, I just hope Novembers are out before Decembers normal time(June 1st). Not being able to plan parks and such is very difficult, especially with Thanksgiving a week later than last year AND MVMCP on different dates than years past.

Dyanna
05-14-2008, 07:37 PM
I called WDW this morning as my trip in early Nov. They told me that they should be out soon. Seems that they underestimated crowd capacity for May so they are now rethinking the holiday crowds.

scootch713
05-14-2008, 08:01 PM
I called WDW this morning as my trip in early Nov. They told me that they should be out soon. Seems that they underestimated crowd capacity for May so they are now rethinking the holiday crowds.

That is what they have been saying since May 3rd!!!