PDA

View Full Version : Ohana - Has anyone been there recently

Minnie4me
05-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Hi All,

I will be heading down in 2 days!!!

We are eating at Ohana on our first night and our last.:cloud9:

We haven't been there since the menu change.

I have heard they are now serving noodles, but I have also heard they are still serving the potatoes. :confused:

Can someone clarify which of the 2 are being served?

I just don't want it to be a surprise.

Thanks!!

itzme
05-12-2008, 05:25 PM
We'll be there Thursday night. I'm also curious. It'll be our first time, though.

DISNEYFIX
05-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Any info on the Stich B-Fast would be appreciated as well.
Thanks

TKDONALD
05-12-2008, 05:54 PM
My Buddy Just Ate There Three Nights Ago On His Honeymoon And Loved It.
I Ate There In December And It Was Great.

Jared
05-12-2008, 07:07 PM
I think the potatoes are now officially gone after a brief phase-out period. If not, they will be soon. There is now a noodle dish with a Thai-inspired peanut sauce. Also, the fried wontons were replaced with steamed pork dumplings, and the shrimp is now served on the skewer, not in a bowl.

:tasty:

germanhc
05-12-2008, 08:15 PM
We ate there two weeks ago. The potatos were gone. The noodles were kind of mushy, not very good. Overall It wasn't as good as it used to be. We also got frustrated because we arrived 10 minutes prior to our ADR at 6:30 and had to wait for about 40 minutes to get seated. Meanwhile, at the bar area, a family with an 8:00 ADR shoed up at six and were waiting for a table. If they had been taken before us, I would have been very annoyed.

sleepingbooty
05-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Noodles? You got to be kidding me?! The potatoes are my favorite thing there. That is very disappointing news, as we eat there the first meal of every trip:(

mouseketeer mom
05-13-2008, 06:11 AM
The potatoes were amazing. They served them one time at the Poly's club level and we cancelled our ADR at San Angel to eat them along with the skewers offered. We loved them that much!!!

SurferStitch
05-13-2008, 08:43 AM
We were there last week, and only the noodles were there. They were quite good, and cooked perfectly. They aren't as good as the potatoes, but they were still very good. Overall, our meal was great.

Breakfast was also wonderful...much better than it was in December.

kg00616
05-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Just returned from DW and we had breakfast at Ohana and it was GREAT! I was a litte hesitant about it before hand but I was so happy we went. My 3yo and 1yo loved all the characters and the food was very tasty. I'm about to post a review so go look at that too!

Jared
05-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Noodles? You got to be kidding me?! The potatoes are my favorite thing there. That is very disappointing news, as we eat there the first meal of every trip:(
You're not the only one who feels this way, Rebecca. Apparently, the chef thought the potatoes were inconsistent with the rest of the meal and wanted a side more fitting of the Polynesian theme. I have read greatly varying reviews of the noodles, so I think the dish is still imperfect. I'm willing to withhold judgment for a couple months until more people (including myself) have tried them.

Tegrigg
05-13-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm sure the noodles will be fine, We will be leaving in 9 days and we are eating there twice doing our trip. We love Ohana!!

1978 offsite
1982 offsite
1985 Treehouse villas
1989 CBR
2001 Poly
2003 Poly
2005 Poly
5/23/08 Poly:mickey:

Texas Tinkerbell Too
05-13-2008, 06:18 PM
I think the potatoes are now officially gone after a brief phase-out period. If not, they will be soon. There is now a noodle dish with a Thai-inspired peanut sauce. Also, the fried wontons were replaced with steamed pork dumplings, and the shrimp is now served on the skewer, not in a bowl.

Peanut sauce....Sounds pretty good to me. However, I hope they have a good alternate choice for my DS5 who is allergic to peanuts.

thejens
05-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Bummer I loved those potatoes. Mmmm....
Well, I'll give the noodles a try in a couple of weeks and report back to you. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. Anything for my Intercot friends.

Re. the Ohana bfast, I didn't really care for the food, but the characters were fun. I like the breakfast buffets better as there is much more variety. I also found our food not very hot. But most people seem to really like it, so maybe an off day for us.