PDA

View Full Version : Next Dining Venture

KAT1811
05-12-2008, 02:07 PM
We are :mickey3: Walt Disney World :minnie: vetrans and travel to the World as often as possible, as many of us Intercoters do. Everytime we go I like to try to introduce a new dining experience :eat:. In an effort to keep things interesting and to illustrate that no matter how many times we go to WDW there is still something we have not seen or done . We have our dining set for our next trip, 179 days and counting :joy: . Our new restaurants this trip are Narcoosee's, Citrico's, and Chefs de France.

I am always looking :look: for new and fresh ideas for our vacations, and consequentially second quessing :scratch: my decisions for our upcoming trip.

So. . .

What would your next meal in WDW be, where would it be, and what would you be eating? :bar:

Hopefully this will give me some fresh ideas! :fworks:

Jared
05-12-2008, 02:12 PM
I love this thread! Let's keep it going, constantly posting our dream meals whenever we have a craving.

My next meal would be dinner at Kona Cafe. I'd start with an order of the chicken wings, which are even better than the ones next door at 'Ohana. I love the mustard drizzle over the sweet and spicy glaze. I would order the shrimp and scallops for my entree. I think I like the scallops better with the wasabi cream sauce, but the guava jelly sauce on the shrimp is almost as good. Finally, for dessert, the Kilauea torte. I actually have not tried it since it was changed slightly a few months ago, but that will change in about two weeks.

:tasty:

KAT1811
05-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Jared,

That sounds wonderful. We have never eaten at Kona Cafe but after that description I think we may have to.

I personally would love to go back to the Concourse Steakhouse and have the braised short rib served over polenta. That was my favorite dish on our last trip.

Thanks!

Jared
05-13-2008, 06:21 PM
We need more people to post in this thread! It should be popular!

Friend of Figment
05-13-2008, 06:51 PM
I'd go to the LT T for lunchand have the tavern cheese, the colony salad and strawberry shortcake. I would finish just in time to step onto the porch for the parade.

Kairi_7378
05-13-2008, 07:51 PM
What a neat thread, great idea!

We always pick 1-2 Signature Dining experiences for our trips. Next trip, I want to try Jiko for our "new" experience. I want to see the AKL because DH will never consent to staying there! Since I have never been there, I am not sure what I'd get but I'd love to try some African wine with whatever it is :)

Kidsmom
05-13-2008, 08:11 PM
I really want to try Cape May and the clambake. I think it sounds wonderful!!

I can't wait to got back to Jiko's not only the food, steak, zebra domes, great wine, but the feeling I had there of being very far away...even from Disney!!

Jared
05-13-2008, 08:21 PM
I really want to try Cape May and the clambake. I think it sounds wonderful!!

I can't wait to got back to Jiko's not only the food, steak, zebra domes, great wine, but the feeling I had there of being very far away...even from Disney!!
Can you get Zebra Domes at Jiko - The Cooking Place? I thought they were only available next door at Boma - Flavors of Africa and The Mara.

:tasty:

TheMartellFamily
05-13-2008, 08:22 PM
I want my next meal to be the King Crab Claws at Fultons. Man, this is what I want as my last meal on this earth. I dream about this every so often. We are trying new restaurants this time around when we are on vacation, so maybe my meal will change. We are trying Kona's this time so what was said hopefully I will agree.

KAT1811
05-13-2008, 09:32 PM
We need more people to post in this thread! It should be popular!

Thanks Jared! I thought it would be fun.

cal5755
05-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Well I am craving italian tonight... since my all time favorite restaurant was Alfredo's I am sad that I can not say that is where I would be eating :(.

I guess I would venture over to Italy and try the Tutto Italia. I would start off with a ceasar salad, followed by Lasagna and then end with a cannoli and a nice hot cappacino.

thejens
05-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Cali Grill
Cheese plate and wine
Grilled Fois Gras
Maybe filet or lamb or fish, but actually it is fois gras I crave

I do love Boma, and Cape May, and Le Cellier...also, but Cali Grill is my favorite so far. Next trip (less than 2 weeks) first time at Jiko's, Narcooses, Park Fare and Flying Fish. Wish I had time to add Citricos, but with children had to accomodate their tastes too! Yes, we are trying the Deluxe Dining Plan. Probably too much food, but we had to try it!

irish1967
05-14-2008, 08:43 AM
We are trying several "new" restaurants on our next trip!

Rose and Crown at EPCOT (remembering a wonderful trip to London my entire family took a couple of years ago!)

Tony's Town Square Restaurant - my brother's favorite Italian restaurant in the world!

Grand Floridian Cafe - a former favorite but has been remodeled and re-opened so I consider this "new".

Our other ADR is for O'hana's for breakfast which we have done.

elmjimmlm
05-14-2008, 09:44 AM
We are going to try Kona Cafe...I dont know what I will have but seeing the menu makes me want everything they have...We are going to also do Tonys Breakfast (Grand Gathering)...There is just something about being in the parks early for breakfast that we love...
I could go for some of Ohanas Maui scalloped potatoes right now...:tasty:

lightyearfan
05-14-2008, 10:33 AM
well kat, your not alone on this one me and dw do the same thing. this upcoming trip we will be doing something different and that's visiting differnent resorts for our breakfest meals. here is where will be dining for our breakfests:
AKL- Boma's
Poly- Kona Cafe
Boardwalk- Spoodles
PO- Boatwrights
WL- Whispering Canyon
OKW- Oliva's Cafe
Yacht Cl- Captains Grille

with the exception of Boatwrights these are all new for us and we have a few new one's for dinner as well, but that would make this post to long.

Victor

HndrdPrcnt
05-14-2008, 11:46 AM
We are also going to have some new dining experiences on our next trip which will include:

Kona Cafe' (breakfast and dinner)
Boma
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Le Cellier

I can't wait to try each of these as I have heard so many good things about each of them.

Any menu recommendations from any of you??

Of course we will also be returning to our favs:

California Grill
Whispering Canyon Cafe'
O'Hana
Earl of Sandwich (CS)
Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace

Oh, I can't wait. I better get to my diet now!!:blush:

fanofdisney
05-14-2008, 12:02 PM
We are trying 3 new ones this trip. They are Boma, Teppan Edo and Brown Derby. Our other ADRs are for CRT for lunch, Chef Mickey's, Ohana's, LTT, Le Cellier, and Akershus for breakfast.

Crow
05-14-2008, 10:47 PM
i love trying new places
in Sept i will return to favs:
CA Grill
Tokyo Dining (after last trip w the rehab!)
FF (tried it last trip for the first time on Jyms recommendation)
and possibly another fav AP
so for a new one possibly Citricos that Jym recommended which would be my first meal in the Grand Floridian. and it would probably be fish, though not sure which dish

KineGirl
05-14-2008, 11:08 PM
we're repeating some of DH faves (Jikos, Tonys & the new Teppen Edos which is a first for the "new" version) but will be trying Tutto Italia for the first time where I look forward to trying their

Proscuitto di Parma
Penne Caprese
Cannoli