PDA

View Full Version : No ADR's - will we have a lot of trouble?

GeorgeOfTheJungle
05-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Hello all!

I'm going to WDW for my first time as an adult (I'm 22) and no parents tomorrow for a week! I'm going with 2 close girlfriends of mine. :mickey: We're so excited!

We didn't book any ADR's though, and we're wondering how hard it's going to be to get into the restaurants? 2 of us are vegetarians and these are the restaurants we're most interested in checking out due to recommendations:

Jiko
California Grill
Tagierine Cafe
Boma
Columbia Harbor House

We don't mind eating out late and/or early in order to get into these places.

wendy*darling
05-12-2008, 01:37 PM
It depends on when you are going.

Columbia Harbor House and Tangierine Cafe are counter service places- so no ADRs are ever needed there. :thumbsup:

Cali Grill, Jiko and Boma are all very popular- so there will be possibility you won't get into all/any of them.

Being flexible to dine early or late will help a lot. Also, if possible try to pinpoint a day or 2 for these restaurants and see if you can get ADRs at this point.
You can also call once you are down there and see what the availability is. I would call and give them your dates and ask about all threerestaurants. They can search the computer for any openings. There may be some to choose from, or you may get shut out.

You shouldn't have any trouble eating counter service vegetarian though, in case you do not get into these restaurants.
Backlot Express at DHS has a few good veggie options.

Another TS option- Morocco's Marrakesh. You can often walk-in there without an ADR.

Figment!
05-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Columbia Harbour House and Tangierine Cafe are Counter Service locations and (like others of that type) do not accept Reservations.

California Grill essentially requires Advanced Dining Reservations to eat at. It would be rare that they would have an opening for walk-up's, but one could always try.

They other locations may likely have availability for walk-up's during off meal times with a significant wait to be seated.

In case you are not aware, you can attempt to make Advanced Dining Reservations until the the day-of. We have been successful in the past of getting a reservation in the morning for later that day due to cancellations.

You may also be interested to know that California Grill and Jiko both have a Business Casual dress code. Details on this code can be found in the Disney Restaurant Dress Codes (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/dresscodes/default.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central.

Jared
05-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Like Jasona and Linda said, Columbia Harbour House and Tangierine Cafe are counter service locations and do not accept reservations.

The table service restaurants you mentioned are extremely popular, especially California Grill, and you may be turned away entirely without prior arrangements. I strongly recommend calling today and attempting to make Advance Dining Reservations. There still may be openings outside of the traditional mealtime. Remain flexible, and you may get lucky.

:tasty:

GeorgeOfTheJungle
05-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the help guys! I called today and got reservations for our last night in Monday at Jiko! I'm very excited. Might try for ADR's another night as well as we're not big fans of fast food. We ate at Artist Point last night with no ADR's. We've been lucky.

diz_girl
05-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Aimee -

Don't be discounraged about the fast food aspect of Columbia Harbor House and Tangerine Cafe. At least go there for lunches, as they both have very good food. They aren't your typical burgers and fries counter service restaurants, so there's more variety with their menus.

Don't be surprised if some of the restaurants, like Jiko or Narcoosee's, may only have one entree available for your vegetarian friends. If your friends still eat some seafood, then that opens up the menu better at either restaurant. Also, the Cape May Cafe has a clam bake buffet for dinner. You might want to stick with buffets, as many restaurants (like 'Ohana) are more geared towards carnivores, and buffets give you a larger selection of food. You already have BOMA, so you may want to add the Crystal Palace or 1900 park Fare. You can also try the Italian Restaurants, like Tutto Italia in Italy at EPCOT and Il Mulino at the Swan, that offer pasta.