PDA

View Full Version : Port orleans Riverside trundle bed rooms??

Twinsowner
05-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Hello everyone. Just booked our trip in november:mickey: and we were requesting one of the trundle bed rooms at POR. Has anyone ever stayed in these? I was wondering what section of the resort they were in and which building if possible. We really want to stay in Magnolia Bend section. Our main concern is to be close to the Bus stop ( taking twin 2 year olds). If anyone knows which building in Magnolia bend they are and if it si close to the bus stop I would really apreciate the info. Thanks!!!!:D

IrishFamily
05-12-2008, 01:24 PM
I believe the trundles are only available in the Alligator Bayou Rooms. Buildings 14, 15, 16 and 18 are perfect if you have small children. Close to the main building and pool and close to bus stops. We stayed in 16 and could walk thru the parking lot to the bus stop when we wanted to for a shorter walk that kept our then 4 year old away from the gift shop.

mook3y
05-12-2008, 01:49 PM
We stayed in building 14 on our very first trip. It was less than 5 minute walk to bus stop, food court and main pool.

Here is a link to the resort map here at Intercot.

http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/pofq07.JPG

sainter
05-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Only the Alligator Bayou rooms have trundle beds. If you are in a room near the main building as someone else posted, buildings 14, 15, 16 or 18, OR if you are near the west depot like building 24 or 25, you will be near a bus stop. Take a look at the resort map. Things are really not so far to walk as they appear to be on the map!!

Mickey91
05-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Only Alligator Bayou has trundles. It is a nice place to stay though. I think you will enjoy it.:mickey:

Gottaluvgoof
05-13-2008, 11:12 AM
We have stayed in the trundle rooms on different occasions and always loved them. They are in Alligator Bayou, but close to the food court, bus stop, and gift shop, of course. The pool was very quiet! I really enjoyed that. Also, our kids really enjoyed the boat ride to Downtown Disney. That was an added bonus.

KronkHere
05-13-2008, 01:20 PM
I was there last November, building 36 and there was a trundle bed. Bus stop was fairly close by.

:mickey:

4myprincesses
05-14-2008, 09:00 PM
We just returned from POR and stayed in building 15. The trundle bed is nice. It slides easily out from under the bed and back. Except for when we slept, we kept it under the bed so that we had a good spot for the stroller. We were towards the back of building 15 and I am figuring it took about 2 minutes to get to the main building. Not far at all and the grounds are so nice. Lots of trees for shade, ducks and rabbits were here and there (our twins got a big kick out of them), and the quiet pool was nice in the evening as the main pool seemed to get pretty crowded near supper time.

A tip for staying here, the food court gets very busy at breakfast. The sit down place, Boatwrights (sp?) had very fast service, huge portions, and a nice menu...might be worth visiting. Our older two (6 and7) shared the three-egg omelet and potatoes, the twins shared the same with my mom and I shared the sweet potato pancakes (YUM!) with mom. Those three meals fed all six of us with some left over...we just could not eat it all! Not the best bargain if you are on the DDP, but with our DDE discount and the lack of crowds and lines it was worth it and we wished we had done it every morning!

#1donaldfan
05-14-2008, 09:04 PM
You'll love POR.....the trundles are only in the AB section......the closest to the food is bldg. 14, actually, it's also the closest to the main bus depot.....we like bldg. 18 the best, it's beside a very nice quiet pool and it's very close to the food, and busses....:thumbsup:

Jodileigh
05-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Like the others said, trundle beds are only in the AB section. We stayed there in 2004 and loved it! The trundle is a great option and worked perfectly for us! ENJOY!!

Jodi

tjstrike
05-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Guess I'll have to disagree with everybody and say the room with the trundle is way to cramped. A one bedroom villa is worth the step up in price. ( Remember, just my opinion )

sainter
05-16-2008, 05:17 AM
I am sure the 1BR is much nicer but according to the new thread on AP rates for this summer, a mod is $144/night and a 1BR villa is $379/night!!! Probably a bit much of a step up for most of us looking at moderates...
Maybe someday...that would be :cloud9:

elmjimmlm
05-16-2008, 09:48 AM
We have stayed in buildings 18 and 14 and IMO 14 was much closer to food and busses...We also walked thru the parking lot from our building that made it so we didnt have to go thru the gift shop or the food court...I think that the rooms are just the right size...After all, how much time do you spend in your room anyway?