PDA

View Full Version : Disney Land Paris (help)!

Capt. Sparrow
05-12-2008, 12:59 PM
I am not sure where to post this but I am thinking it might be here.

My wife to be and I are planning on going to Paris next year for our honeymoon in June and are thinking about doing Disney Land Paris while we are there. I have never been to any other Disney park outside of WDW and was wondering, if anyone here has ever been? How is it? is it still that same magical feeling you get when entering the WDW? Is there a Disney Land Paris hotel here?

Any information you can share would be great!

MidnTPK
05-12-2008, 01:08 PM
See my trip report (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=117719)from last fall.

There are several Disneyland resorts there. If you do some google-ing, there are also some pretty good fan sites like Intercot too.

Capt. Sparrow
05-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks. So from your report, I take that it is something that we should only plan on for 1 or 2 days while there. That's great news that the metro takes you right to the park. That was another one of my questions.

MidnTPK
05-12-2008, 01:35 PM
I'd say a day or two is good, depending on the time of year. I didn't have to wait on any lines except for the Crush Coaster (which was brand new) and didn't go to any shows. The studios now have a ToT, so that might require a little more time.

The resorts looked quite nice, and there are packages that let you get special fastpasses if you stay in the Disney resorts, which might be necessary at the time of year you are going....and be a special place to spend a few nights on your honeymoon.

Now that there's been a bit more time since my visit/report, I have to say my memories have grown fonder and my prior review is a bit more negative than I feel now. The Crush Coaster, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain RR, and POTC are really special among all the Disney park editions. Space Mountain might be great too, but wasn't my cup of tea. My favorite is the current Disneyland version, but the Paris version is much more thrilling/extreme.

DisneyDudet
05-12-2008, 06:06 PM
I was just there last December. The crowds were quite large, for a Thursday while schools were still in session there. And it was COLD, but the Christmas decorations and theming was just AMAZING!

We were going to do 2 days, but our flights were delayed, so we just had one day. We were able to do the big things (ToT was not open), but were rushed, so 2 days would be a nice way to do it, if you are in the not-so-crowded times. If you are going in the summer or spring, 3 days might be a good deal. I think next time we go, we'll stay at Disney, as they have EMH and (more) FP perks, which can help, plus they look so much fun! They have a DTD area that we didn't explore, but would have liked to.

We stayed in Paris (Latin Quarter), so we used the Metro to get there as well.

I LOVED Paris, esp DLP, and would LOVE to go back again!

Here are my trip reports for the DLP part. If you have any questions about Paris, PM me!

Part 1 (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=123017)
Part 2 (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=124636)

TheRustyScupper
05-12-2008, 08:51 PM
1) Plan to spend 1 or 1-1/2 days.
2) You can skip the Sutdios.
3) They are pretty lame.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Welcome aboard!

I was in France for a 9 days and never got to go to DLP. I was very distressed. I hope you have a great time for me!

With that being said....you stole my name! And my icon!! :sob:

Capt. Sparrow
05-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Oops! Sorry Jessica! I use the same sn for all of the blogs and discussion boards that I am a part of. I did change my icon though!

Capt. Sparrow
05-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Do the DLP hotels provide transportation to other tourist attractions in Paris like the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, arc de triomphe, etc.? If not, is getting to these locations from DLP hotel difficult?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Hehe, it's fine about the icon and name. I was teasing!

I can't be positive if they provide transport. I know they have a decent underground system in Paris and it's not too expensive to use.

Interesting side fact I learned today from my professor - DLP uses silent fireworks. The actual cannons don't make any noise! They pump in the sounds of explosions with the audio! I thought it was really cool.

Aggie97
05-13-2008, 09:34 PM
We had a great time at DLP and enjoyed so many of the rides there. We did not find it quite as "magical" as WDW and DL, though. We stayed at one of the DLP resorts, the Newport Bay Club, for two nights, and we were very pleased with it.

We also went to Paris for our honeymoon, and a few times since then. If you have any questions about Paris, just send me a PM!

Have a wonderful time! :mickey:

MidnTPK
05-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Do the DLP hotels provide transportation to other tourist attractions in Paris like the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, arc de triomphe, etc.? If not, is getting to these locations from DLP hotel difficult?

The resorts probably don't provide transportation. But I'm sure there are some organized bus tours that would take you to the sights you mentioned. But those can be pricey.

Disneyland Resort Paris (DRP) is in an outer suburb of Paris, so its a pretty far drive from the city center. But there is a huge train station at DRP that has the RER commuter rail as well as long distance trains to throughout Europe.

The RER is pretty easy to use and gets you into the important parts of Paris is around half an hour. The RER stations are all connected to the Paris subway system, so its very easy to get around the whole city.

Staying out at the DRP and train-ing into the city wouldn't be crazy, but you'd spend a good deal of times on the train. And the DRP resorts are quite nice, but not French/Parisian. You'd miss out on some of the romance and excitement of the city if you just stayed out at DRP.

Aggie97
05-14-2008, 01:04 PM
You'd miss out on some of the romance and excitement of the city if you just stayed out at DRP.

I really agree. Paris is so beautiful at night. We've always enjoyed walking around different neighborhoods after dinner, and I would've hated to have to cut things short for a long train ride back to DLP. It's also nice to be close to the attractions, museums and shopping. :)