PDA

View Full Version : fastpass

lupi2279
05-12-2008, 11:44 AM
I have read numerous times that disn does not give you a problem If you return after your fastpass time has expired. If true how much time do they gennerally allow after the ticket expired.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Most of the time this has been true for us but we have never been late by more than 30 minutes. We were turned away once by a CM so I believe they can do that but it has only happened to us once. Most of the time the CM's are pretty cool about it. After all if your ADR's are running behind then so will you!

tys_mommy
05-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Last moth while waiting in line for Test Track we actually started a conversation with the CM at the FP line b/c it was almost as long as the standby line – it really moved 5 times faster but still it was shocking to return at our time to find that line. Anyway – he said that most people will get FPs early and then just use them when ever it is convenient for them. Me as naive as I am even after my advanced intercot education asked about the times printed on the ticket and he actually told me that you only have to return after the printed time – not in the printed window of time. So a lot of people will get FPs early and then go eat, ride other rides, do whatever and then just come back any time later in the day. He said that “they” don’t necessarily like this but have been instructed that it’s allowable as long as it’s any time after the printed FP time.

katzctkpt
05-12-2008, 01:59 PM
We have used our fp's up to almost an hour later with no problem. (Was stuck on a ride which caused us to be late and told the cm the reason.) I guess the expired fp would be cm call on allowing you to ride or not.

MuchLovedMama
05-12-2008, 02:10 PM
From what I read in the Unofficial Guide it was til park close.

Scar
05-12-2008, 02:14 PM
See this thread. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=133027)

Imagineer1981
05-12-2008, 02:39 PM
There could be countless reasons why you were late...lets use the example your child spilled soda on his clothes. You had to go get a new shirt or dry him off, etc and now you are 2 hours late lets say...Disney will not care because you've already had one bad experience, and they will not cause you to have another one. Try not to be late, but if you are, no big deal

Sharon1026
05-12-2008, 03:14 PM
I would try to stick to the one hour window, since they are trying to level the ride loading. If everyone just holds onto their FP's till later, then it really messes up the wait times for all users - other FP users and those without the FP.

:stitch2:

Von-Drake
05-12-2008, 03:24 PM
I would try to stick to the one hour window, since they are trying to level the ride loading. If everyone just holds onto their FP's till later, then it really messes up the wait times for all users - other FP users and those without the FP.

I agree completely. Disney has taken an effort to reduce wait time with this system, but the system can easily be broken if everyone (or a lot of people) just choose to return whenever they want to. I understand there are several factors beyond a person's control that may cause them to miss the window, but I think such cases are the exceptions to the norm.

Young@Heart
05-13-2008, 12:30 AM
We try to stick with it, but occasionally, we end up several hours late. This happened last trip with SplM-we got FP but had to leave for an ADR outside of the park before they were "up". We would have used them when we returned a few hours later:blush:, but at that point there was no line, so we just walked on.

disney07
05-14-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't have much experience with coming late, but the CM over at Maelstorm would not let our group in 2 minutes before the printed time. It was not like there was even a huge line for the ride. We just got the fastpasses and went for some snacks and she literally stood there made us wait until the exact minute.

Von-Drake
05-15-2008, 07:48 AM
I have seen that happen and had a wait a minute or two myself one time. I have no problem with that though. A lot of people want Disney to enforce their rules and policies, so when they do I do not mind at all, with they would enforce more of their policies.

vividms
05-16-2008, 05:51 PM
I rarely arrive at the right time printed on my fastpass. There have been times I have gone through hours after the time printed. I only had one CM say it was too late, and I just went to find another CM that let us in (because I thought the 1st one had to be new and did not know the rules). Up until that point I had no idea that you might not be let in past time.

pink
05-16-2008, 07:27 PM
It's not uncommon for the CM's to make us wait 5 minutes until our Fastpass time comes around (mind you it is usually during a busy time) However, we've tried to use our fastpass after the time on the pass and we are always successful! :mickey:

WDWdriver
05-16-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't have much experience with coming late, but the CM over at Maelstorm would not let our group in 2 minutes before the printed time. It was not like there was even a huge line for the ride. We just got the fastpasses and went for some snacks and she literally stood there made us wait until the exact minute.

Yep. You can expect to wait until the exact time your return window opens. That's the rule at all attractions with FP (unless you just happen to find a CM who will give you a minute or two).

As for being late, there is no written rule about accepting late arrivals. However, with very few exceptions those arriving after their FP window closing time will still be admitted. This is considered a courtesy to those who are delayed while returning to the attraction. At Kali River Rapids and Expedition Everest your FastPass will be accepted for the rest of the day.

dumbo ears
05-16-2008, 09:40 PM
I have never had a problem with this before. I have many times gone after my FP expired but as long as its not before the CM usually let u in.

Pirate Granny
05-16-2008, 09:49 PM
I am VERY, VERY, BAD...I am one of those...yep...get the fast pass and come back WAY LATER when it is convenient...even have gone to another park and come back and then used the fast pass...

Sorry...I will try to be better in the future. Like next week.

:pirate:

SurferStitch
05-16-2008, 09:59 PM
We've never tried to use an expired FP. We either go back during the printed time window, or we skip it and wait until another day to ride.

chick20679
05-17-2008, 02:48 PM

I also agree with this post.

While I doubt that in most cases you will be turned away if you are late for your FP window, I do hope everyone is trying to be there at their designated time. It's the polite (and the right)thing to do.
I know there can be extenuating circumstances sometimes, but I really wouldn't PLAN on being late. If everyone did that it would really throw a wrench in the works.

Jimenyfan
05-17-2008, 03:36 PM

Completely agree, we have been maybe 15 min late for our fast pass window but we try to get there during our fastpass time. Its not a suprise when you get your fastpass return time so we try to plan accordingly. Maybe its me but I think if you grab a fastpass with a return time of 1:00 knowing you aren't even going to be in the park thats just inconsiderate to those who could use them.

Polynesian Dweller
05-17-2008, 05:14 PM
I know there can be extenuating circumstances sometimes, but I really wouldn't PLAN on being late. If everyone did that it would really throw a wrench in the works.

Completely agree with this statement, especially about planning to be late. Being late because you were hung up at another ride or it took longer to have a meal than expected is one thing but intentionally being late.

I actually wish that Disney would enforce an upper maximum and perhaps make the window 90 minutes instead of 60. Then it would be hard to claim extenuating circumstances.