PDA

View Full Version : Today is the day!!

dismommy
05-12-2008, 06:38 AM
I get to make dining ADR"s today and I'm so excited. My DH thinks I'm being ridiculous, but I love planning our trips and now that we get to take DS it is really important to me to plan it all out so he gets to experience it all. Here are my choices(ok not all mine some if my DH and DS as well)
Sat-Dinner Chef Mickey
Sun-BF Crystal Palace Dinner Tony's
Mon-Dinner Coral Reef (my husband has always wanted to eat here and it has never worked out)
Tues-Dinner Liberty Tree Tavern (never been)
Wed-Dinner Sci Fi (DS really want to try)
Thursday- none
Fri- Donald's Breakfast at the Tusker House

I am thinking about adding Le Cellier(never been always wanted to) or Yak & Yeti. I also considered Boma. If i was to make one more which is better myself. DH and DS 7 are traveling?:chef:

mouseketeer mom
05-12-2008, 06:49 AM
How exciting for you! I love getting those ADR's, its like locking in your trip once more! Out of the others you are choosing from, I would pick Boma. Boma because its a one of a kind dining experience, one that would be difficult to find at home. Plus you have the benefit of exploring AKL and making a night of it. Le Cellier is delicious, but probably wouldn't be as much fun for your child, and Yak and Yeti is good asian food, similiar to what you can find at home. There are interesting artifacts to look at tho, in the Yak and Yeti. If I were to pick one more based on that, it would be Boma all the way. Have fun making your ADR's!

J9
05-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Today's our day too!

We got:

11/8 - Le Cellier
11/9 - Whispering Canyon (my dad thought that would be fun for my bday. I've never been)
11/10 - Mamma Melrose
11/11 - Tried to get Yak & Yeti but were told it had to be exactly 180 days since its not a Disney restaurant
11/12 - Boma (yay!)
11/13 - Tried to get The Wave, but she said it didn't exist?!
11/14 - Spoodles

SO excited!!!!

BluewaterBrad
05-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Good for You!! I hope you get them all!!:mickey:

wendy*darling
05-12-2008, 09:57 PM
I am thinking about adding Le Cellier(never been always wanted to) or Yak & Yeti. I also considered Boma. :chef:
I'd go for Boma too.

So.... how did you do? Did you get everything you wanted?

11/13 - Tried to get The Wave, but she said it didn't exist?!

Call them back- it does exist- and people are getting ADRs when they talk to the right people.

Pirate Granny
05-12-2008, 11:26 PM
CALL BACK...I have an ADR for the Wave for our September Trip...and Yak & Yeti is considered Disney Dining...sound like you got a new cast member.
:pirate:

J9
05-13-2008, 12:37 AM
CALL BACK...I have an ADR for the Wave for our September Trip...and Yak & Yeti is considered Disney Dining...sound like you got a new cast member.
:pirate:

We did call back and we did get our Wave reservation. I think the girl we got at first was new. She told us that as DVC members we had to make dining reservations through DVC and my mom was like....no. But anyway, the second girl we talked to got us in at the Wave. Yak and Yeti, though, the second CM did tell us had to be 180 days from the actual day. Kinda weird, but I guess we'll just call back later in the week. My dad was like practically on the floor salivating at the menu.

wendy*darling
05-13-2008, 06:57 AM
Glad to hear you got in at the Wave!

It's true about Yak & Yeti- it does have to be 180 days from the date of dining, but they do accept the DDP.

dismommy
05-15-2008, 07:42 AM
I did get all the ressie's I wanted and I booked boma for friday night as well. One weird thing is that they told me the magic kingdom would be closing early 11/9 and that is traditionally EMH night-will they move it? Monday is the start of the MVMCP or will their just be no evening EMH in the magic king that week.:mickey: