PDA

View Full Version : The Hardest Thing ...

beachezncream
05-11-2008, 06:30 PM
what is the hardest Park to leave on your last day?

Magic is always tough, especially when you leave at night, and have to fly out the next morning, knowing that that is the last firework show you get to see for months.. :( and I miss the smell of Main Street, and the general atmosphere.

JPL
05-11-2008, 06:39 PM
I usually end my trips at the Mk which is always difficult especially when I don' have another trip already planned. But I imagine no matter what park I am in it would be difficult to leave since who wants to return to reality (

xoHelloKittyox
05-11-2008, 06:41 PM
I would have to agree!!!!

MK is so hard to leave. Even if it's not your last day, at the end of the night after Wishes....you just want to stay forever!!!:cloud9: I havent been to WDW since my senior week in '06. I can still sit here and remember everything about spectromagic and wishes our last night there! (The Big Bad Wolf told my friend to call him when he walked by durring spectro! HAHA)

I think that EPCOT is pretty hard to leave too. Esp. since it's my favorite park :D

Oh my goodness!!!!! I WANT TO GO BACK RIGHT NOOOOOOOW! *throws tantrum!*

Golf Grumpy
05-11-2008, 06:54 PM
It is bad when EPCOT is our last park since daugheter and i usually loose it BIG time leaving the park. We usually are staying at BCV and used to sit on the swings at the beach and hold each other...

Actually MK seems to be easier at times.

cajunmickey
05-11-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm glad to know I am not the only one. My kids seem to find it funny that I have a hard time leaving disney!

Duchess99
05-11-2008, 08:26 PM
All the parks are really hard for me to leave. I hate walking out the gates and knowing that soon I will have to go back to the reality of work, bills, etc...
I usually go to MGM on my last day...I like to get one last ToT ride in :)

Disney Diva 71
05-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Most of the time we leave MK for our last day on purpose. It's always hard to leave the nastalgia and the magic of that park. When we go home the things we all remember are the sights the sounds and definitely the wonderful smells coming from every restaurant and shop on Main Street. The Ice Cream Shop in particular! I wish I could bottle that or put it in a candle! We always have a traditional "see ya next trip "as we head under the bridge and out of the park. I've been there 19 times since 1983 and I never get sick of it.

KineGirl
05-11-2008, 08:56 PM
It doesnt matter which park it is .. the hardest thing for us is when we walk out those turnstiles for the last time. I always get my hand stamped though cuz I know I will be back (one day)

The Saddest Day in the World :(

I always feel a hint of envy toward those who are walking in as we are walking out.

DISNEYLOVERS5
05-11-2008, 09:46 PM
magic kingdom

TheMartellFamily
05-11-2008, 10:40 PM
For us it is MK with the last ride always Pooh. It is so hard when we know that this is the last thing we seem to want the lines to be a little longer with that. We get off slower with walking out of the park slower. This is the way our family does it, call it habbit or call it tradition this is how we end a vacation.

Gator
05-11-2008, 11:32 PM
It doesnt matter which park it is .. the hardest thing for us is when we walk out those turnstiles for the last time.
I always feel a hint of envy toward those who are walking in as we are walking out.

I know the feeling. All those people get to start having fun, and mine is years away.

AHOTE
05-11-2008, 11:42 PM
We always make one of the restaurants in Epcot our last place to visit. For some reason a good meal in a great restaurant has a way of making it a little easier to re-enter the real world.Then it's off to the airport :plane: with plans and dreams :magic: already in motion for our next Disney vacation. :vacation:

katzctkpt
05-12-2008, 07:01 AM
MK most definately. We usually do a 1/2 day before leaving. We get there as soon as it opens make a mad dash to fantasyland and ride all those rides then make our way over to Splmt, BT, on to HM, POTC and finish up on mainstreet. It's really sad :( then the dreaded trip back home. Then we start planning the next one as soon as we're on the road home. :thumbsup:

grumpyguy
05-12-2008, 07:14 AM
leaving mk is the hardest for me.no matter how long our stay,the mk is first and last park
we attend.to me it is the world,everything else is just a disney bonus.it has become tradition
as we leave the gate to stop turn around and take one last look at the train station,monorail and everything else you can see and just try to take it all in.dw will say,"don't worry,we'll be back soon".:cloud9:

biodtl
05-12-2008, 08:09 AM
It probably wouldn't matter whihc park we left - I would still cry. but we always start and end with MK, so that's it for me.

beachezncream
05-12-2008, 08:18 AM
usually on the way to the airport we listen to our disney cds and get ourselves all ready. but on the ride home from the airport we are like "please turn the music offff" because it makes us sad =/

and i know what you mean about people walking in when you are walking out:( i hate that feeling.

DisneyorBust
05-12-2008, 08:54 AM
For me, the Magic Kingdom is the toughest park to leave behind.
At the end of our last couple of trips, myself and either one or two of my children would make our way to the Magic Kingdom and hop on our favorite attractions one last time before returning to the resort.
Of course, when leaving the resort I have mixed feelings of happiness and a bit of envy for those walking into the lobby to check in.
The last day is so bitter sweet! I guess that I'll have to return and experience it all again!:D

mouseketeer mom
05-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Magic Kingdom. I swear I try to transform myself into a sponge, drinking it all slowly in before we leave. There are always tears., but on a brighter note, there is always a promise, if not already a plan, to return. We always ride POTC last. Its a killer watching the folks at check in, or even worse, the happy people heading thru the airport on their way to magical express, as we are trudging the other way, back to catch the plane to NJ.

cal5755
05-12-2008, 09:48 AM
We always avoid parks on our last day and sleep in and spend the day at the pool relaxing after exhausting ourselves at the park for the week. I think it makes it a little bit easier to leave too.

However our last night in the parks is always MK. Got to see Wishes and Spectromagic one last time to last us to our next trip. We usually turn around and wave at the castle and say see you next time before we leave the park. Then of course the kids are planning the next trip on the ride back to the hotel!!

kaliepooh
05-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Magic Kingdom is usually our first and last park. It is always truly heartbreaking to leave. I'm always very sad and tired, but I have to hide it because I don’t want the kids to see me crying. It’s bad enough that I’m dealing with my own melancholy I don’t want to transfer it to the kids. They handle these things a lot better than we do.

It's good to know that I'm not the only person feeling envious of the persons checking in or on their way to magic express when we are leaving. I usually start planning in my brain and discussing our next trip with the kids, this sometimes helps. The good thing is we are usually tired and sleep on our way back home. When we reach home there are usually a couple more days before school begins so we are usually busy trying to get ready for that.

Surprisingly its times like these that make me sad, reading threads like this one. We are hopefully on our way to see the mouse this August again and I'm already excited.

#1donaldfan
05-12-2008, 12:55 PM
We normally end it with the MK.....it's so sad to leave that last day !!!! We can only do Disney once a year and I feel so fortunate to do that, so when we leave we know it's for a long while......:(

Jasper
05-12-2008, 01:02 PM
You know, for us it doesn't really make much difference which one we go to last because for us it is a more spread out disappoint. What I mean is that because we love all of the parks it is a real downer for us each time we leave each individual park for that trip. For example if we leave The Magic Kingdom on Tuesday for the last time we are bummed because we know it will be a long time until we return there. Then when we leave Epcot on Wednesday it is a bummer because we won't be back to that park for a long time and so on and so forth as we leave each park for the last time of that trip!

This experience is where having park hopper tickets helps us with withdrawal. Since we often don't have time on the last day to really spend a full day in any one park we will often use our hoppers and just jump around from park to park and just spend an hour or so in each park. Granted you can't do much in the way of rides or attractions this way but still it is fun just to window shop on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom or just generally wander around looking at the architecture in any of the parks.

elmjimmlm
05-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Last year we did MK before we were leaving...I actually felt a little weepy when we got on the bus to go back to our resort...I am so ready to go back...

Mickey07
05-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Usually the last thing we do is ride the train at MK and then go to the hotel pack up the car and leave. But It doesn't hit me that we are leaving until we actually leave the whole place and see the welcome to disney world sign in rear view mirror.

Griz
05-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Definitely Magic Kingdom.

I haven't been that many times, but I grew up in SoCal going to Disneyland two and three times a year. My childhood still lives in the Magic Kingdom. I love to walk around and note the differences between Disneyworld and Disneyland.

I usually stay until the bitter end on my last day. There's something so poignant about the place at night when they start shutting everything down. It puts a period on my stay, but I know that it will open up again bright and early the next day and when I get a chance to come back it'll be waiting for me.

Septbride2002
05-12-2008, 03:45 PM
I think leaving the resort is the hardest! I prefer to put my bags in the car and head to Magic Kingdom - we do a ride (usually Pirates) or two. grab some Casey's and a Doll Whip - and say a silent good-bye to my Main Street - get in the car and head to the airport.

When you leave the resort - you've got no park to say good-bye to and that makes me sadder.

~Amanda

homeschool mom
05-12-2008, 03:46 PM
We always begin and end at MK. Even if I try to suggest beginning the trip at a different park, my DDs won't hear of it, and I wouldn't hear of ending at any other park. For our next trip, we're trying something different. We'll go to MK for one last visit and then go to 1900 Park Fare for dinner with Cinderella. I think that will be a good send off. Of course, like many others, the ride home is the beginning of the plans for the next trip. :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
05-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Yes, MK would be my choice.:mickey:

crltkcagle
05-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Leaving any of them is sad for me! I get depressed on my last few minutes of our last day. I always want more. LOL

Young@Heart
05-13-2008, 12:27 AM
We CAN'T end w/ MK-I don't think DH could drag us out of there. In fact, we try to plan our last MK day when we still have a couple days remaing, and even so, it's so sad when we leave. :( Last trip I spend the whole night doing my best impression of Grumpy. :blush:

AdventurerKim
05-13-2008, 10:09 AM
The hardest thing to leave is the hotel room the day we leave because that means vacation is over and we won't be back for a while. :(

disneyfankev
05-13-2008, 10:53 AM
magic kingdom walking down main street towards the exit is terrible

laward32
05-13-2008, 10:58 AM
It is hard for me to leave period. But we always do MK first and last. I think it is hardest to leave MK for me. Leaving the castle and Main Street and all the sounds and smells.:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
05-13-2008, 11:53 AM
The hardest thing to leave is the hotel room the day we leave because that means vacation is over and we won't be back for a while. :(

That's the same for us. The magic doesn't really end with the last park but the next morning when we are walking out of the hotel. That's when the real world hits us and that's hard.:(

Aggie97
05-13-2008, 03:54 PM
MK definitely is the hardest park for us to leave. We always spend our last night there. :mickey:

Mackflava99
05-13-2008, 04:09 PM
totally magic Kingdom- And its got to be Main street- Something about Main street, its not a ride or even an attraction per se, but its a symbol of everything that makes it special.

I "hate" walking down Main street knowing that its the last time till next trip.
Making sure i keep the good memories fresh.

Should i make one more stop in the store?

Are there any characters around?

Then- a quick glance at the castle, and the traditional pat on Roy's head , and then the long walk back to the bus or boat- i try not to look back. because i don't want to be over sentimental in front of my kids.

But then it seems like when we get to the hotel, i get the sorrow for leaving my "2nd home" and want to stay out all night:) If we are at BCV I tend to walk the entire boardwalk circle, one more time, checking out the peace and quiet after everything is closed. I really hate sleeping that last night.

*I also hate walking out the front entrance from EPCOT because i look back at the big ball and wish i was going the other way, so i try my best to always leave over near England. But it is a killer listening to the music as you walk away.......so sad.

JWB3
05-13-2008, 04:16 PM
I think someone on this forum said a while back that their least favorite ride at WDW was the ride home ...agreed!!

jakeybake
05-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Every single one of them.

If it's my last day I'm depressed. Doesn't matter where I'm leaving.

Mousemates
05-13-2008, 11:15 PM
We generally try wean ourselves on our last day...either by getting up and doing a resort character breakfast on our few hours in WDW before making the drive back to East Tennessee or doing a resort day the day before (this time our final day will be at the beach club playing in the worlds best swimming pool). but regardless of all that we always finish the parks in the MK and always have that melancholy feeling as we leave.

IloveDisney71
05-15-2008, 09:41 PM
I usually start my trip with MK and I always end my trips with MK. I will admit to getting teary eyed when I walk down Main St. for the first time of my visit. I also get misty eyed when I watch the parades and wishes and when I see the joy on other people's faces (especially little children when they get excited over something).
The MK will always have a special place in my heart because I have so many magical memories with family members there. Some of those family members have passed away but those memories remain. So the MK is always the hardest park for me to leave.

tjstrike
05-16-2008, 01:05 AM
MK is the hardest. So much to do there, the other parks are all great but I remember MK as a kid going to Disneyland, memories with my parents, etc... People at work think it's weird to get attached to WDW the way we do but the whole place has an orra (sp?) about it. Finding intercot and its disney family has made it easier to be away from WDW for extended periods. I love to here the newest trips to disney stories.

Mickey 101
05-16-2008, 02:11 AM
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that gets a little envious of people checking in as we're packing up to leave. I even get a twinge of something in my stomach when I see people at my arrival gate getting ready to head back to Orlando. I have a real weakness for Illuminations and try to watch it several different times each trip. So, the hardest parts are the last night we stand there enjoying Illuminations as a family and then, on our final partial day, leaving MK for the last time. I get choked up over both because they ARE Disney to me and I know that each trip is building up very special family memories. :mickey:

MushuGrl
05-16-2008, 09:40 AM
Def. MK. I give myself whiplash getting that "one last look" at the castle.

DisneyCouture
05-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Epcot is usually our last park. I try to get one last look at our magical surroundings before heading back to reality. When I am packing up the car heading to the airport I get jealous of the ppl that are checking in.;)

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-16-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm pretty sure I remember us doing DHS (MGM last year) last. Knowing its the final trip on the tower is tough :( - but knowing you'll be back someday helps too :D

Chris :hatter:

DisneyBabe
05-17-2008, 12:18 AM
MK is always the last park we visit during our trips; I cry everytime :(

I hate leaving, but there's always next year! :mickey:

Mrs.Mickey
05-17-2008, 02:05 PM
I always feel sad whenever the I leave the parks no matter which one it is. I actually cry on my last day and don't want to go to sleep that night because I know it the morning I will be checking out. I sound like a 5 year old when it comes to disney

Catzle
05-17-2008, 04:02 PM
We always end our last night at the Kingdom. I think leaving Florida and Disney all together is hard. I've thought of moving there even. We just love the concept and the feeling of being there. So not matter what we do last it's still hard getting on that plane to come home and than to wait a whole year to go back! This year seems worse, feels like we never left home. It's like was I even there? Doesn't make it any better when you get home and have to turn your heat back on.

Mickey91
05-18-2008, 09:25 AM
We always end at MK. I practically walk backwards all the way down Main Street USA watching the castle with tears.:crying:

disneydoug
05-18-2008, 11:59 AM
The hardest thing for me is looking into my my DD's eyes on the way out of the MK turnstiles on the last night knowing that she hates to leave.

Hey, that would be you--beachezncream.

Love ya, Dad (Disneydoug)

beksy
05-18-2008, 01:18 PM
For us, we always end with MK so its MK but I think they would all be hard. MK is just our favorite! The only way we got out without crying last time was planning the next trip!