PDA

View Full Version : Secret Places to watch parades

beachezncream
05-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Does your family have a secret place they like to hide away and yet have a perfect view of Spectro or the holiday theme parades?

For us its in Liberty Square... tucked away from the main area where people stand crowded along the street is a quite little porch area with three rocking chairs and a set of little steps... :cloud9: yay for higher ground and comfortable seating for night time parades.

Lindsay :mickey:

xoHelloKittyox
05-11-2008, 06:47 PM
We go to the shootin range in adventure land :D

not alot of people go there, believe it or not!
We watch from there every time we're there :mickey:

linedropper
05-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Dont have a great relaxed spot but we usually set up shop right near the walkway heads down to Adventureland. Then when you take pictures and video The castle is in the background and it kind of adds to it later when you watch it back!

Steve:mickey:

joanna71985
05-11-2008, 09:44 PM
I have a few "secret" watching spots for each parade. It depends on the day, and my mood.

Gator
05-11-2008, 11:35 PM
I look for the first open spot where the sun is at my back. That way all the photos are clear. I like getting a different spot each time so that I don't get the same photo and video angles.

Bethanymouse
05-12-2008, 06:54 AM
Ours isnt really a relaxing place, but we just love to stand outside of the Christmas Shoppe and watch the parade. The castle looks great in the pictures and it is somewhat shaded!

homeschool mom
05-12-2008, 03:57 PM
This isn't really a "secret" spot, but it's our favorite spot to watch Spectro. On our first family trip back in 2000, a CM in Fantasyland told us to watch the parade (I think then it was the Electric Light Parade) in Frontierland right in front of the stocks. He told us that we would be able to see the front and back of each float because the parade makes a turn there. That is our favorite place to watch if we are only watching Spectro. If we are doing Spectro and Wishes, we stand right in front of Casey's Corner on Main Street. If we are doing the afternoon parade at MK, we usually head to Frontierland as well since it is less crowded there and it is at the start of the parade so we can be off doing things while those on Main Street are still waiting or watching.

Disnamic Duo
05-12-2008, 04:45 PM
We discovered a great spot for watching Spectro. Just across the bridge from the hub, into Liberty Square (right outside the funnel cake shop). You can watch the parade coming unobstructed - because no one can be on the bridge to block your view. You get a perfectly clear view of everything as it approaches.

Nurse Kim
05-12-2008, 06:04 PM
We discovered a great spot for watching Spectro. Just across the bridge from the hub, into Liberty Square (right outside the funnel cake shop). You can watch the parade coming unobstructed - because no one can be on the bridge to block your view. You get a perfectly clear view of everything as it approaches.

This is where we watched Spectro and it was a great spot. It was pretty crowded there though.