PDA

View Full Version : Planning a Disney Souvinier

Breochaid
05-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Does anyone remember the commercial a few years back that had a mom, a young girl and a baby in a stroller all on an elevator? Someone asks the young girl what the baby's name is, and she replies that his name is Joey, buy Mom & Dad call him their little souvinier. We just love to be at WDW :cloud9:, so this gave my DH and myself the idea that it would be special to make our own "souvinier baby" on our next WDW vacation, or at least try to. Has anyone else ever had a souvinier baby or planned one or are we completely nuts? :blush:

Gator
05-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Typically, by the time we get back to the room after a full day in the park, we're both so tired that....:blush:

katzctkpt
05-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Loved that commercial. Good luck trying.

mrsgaribaldi
05-12-2008, 05:18 AM
Typically, by the time we get back to the room after a full day in the park, we're both so tired that....:blush:

Same here:blush: I remember the commercial. It was very cute. Good luck :pixie::pixie:

Flower
05-12-2008, 08:19 AM
I know that commercial!!!

And my Disney Souven'ear is named Benjamin! (DH refused to allow him to be called Walt or Mickey!)

My story: we tried for 7 years to get pregnant. In September 2005 we adopted a wonderful little man named Brandon. Just before Brandon's second birthday we took him to WDW. There must have been something magical about being there with our special little one and he must have wanted a baby brother - boy were we surprised when got home a month later and I took a test because I was feeling off'!

I sometimes call him my "Benja-Minnie-Mouse" just to get the Disney reference in there.

We also traveled to WDW with friends in 2002 for the Food & Wine festival and MNSSHP. Their Disney Souven'ear is named William and he and our son Brandon get along great! The 2 boys always talk about their Disney trips and we can't wait to be able to coordinate schedules to take them there together!

Good luck;)

buzznwoodysmom
05-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Our Disney Souvinier is Collin! We weren't trying and were totally shocked about a month later. He loves WDW dearly and one day, when he is much older, I'll tell him about how he is our most special Disney Souvinier ever!

Kairi_7378
05-12-2008, 01:00 PM

Been there...

Actually, this was one of DH's biggest fears, that after 5 years of trying we'd be successful during or right before one of our vacations. He didn't want me to miss out on any of the magic of our trips by being on a medical restriction.

elmjimmlm
05-12-2008, 01:17 PM
That would be the ideal place to try...Maybe you will luck out and win a night in the castle...That would be the story to tell...

Disney Doll
05-12-2008, 01:40 PM
I love that commercial! I don't have a Disney souvenir of my own, but we did find out that we were expecting during our last Disney trip. The plan was to start trying just as soon as we got home so we were super excited. Maybe I'll try for a Disney souvenir when I'm ready for the next one. Good luck!!

Madame Leona
05-14-2008, 03:07 PM
I forgot about that commercial!! I might have to bring it up to dh for our upcoming trip. I promised no more kids but.....

EpcotChic23
05-14-2008, 05:27 PM
My husband and I are planning for our next tript to start trying. Our vacation falls on our 3rd Anniversary so it is time.:secret:

disney323
05-16-2008, 12:43 PM
We got pg with our little Disney souvenier in February 2005! Best of luck and I'm sending baby and pixie dust your way!
:tink:

Little Round Bale
05-20-2008, 10:30 AM
This thread is such a HOOT!!! :funny: I remember the commerical and it was awesome.

mouseketeer mom
05-22-2008, 09:42 AM
I think its adorable. My oldest is a sovenier from Martha's Vineyard, and my middle from Long Beach Island. If I was in the market for more soveniers, you can bet I would try in WDW!!!

Mickey'sGirl
05-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Our DS4 is a souvenier from our 10th anniversary trip. His middle name is Walter. :D

Good luck! :pixie:

Here we go again...
05-26-2008, 09:13 AM
My friend has a beach house in Destin. My youngest DD is a Destin souvenier....
My friend jokes all the time about how many souveniers come from that beach house.
I can't even imagine how many come from Disney. :jaw: