PDA

View Full Version : AK at night

Mary M
05-11-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm going to WDW for a conference in June (Tech Ed - anyone else gonna be there?) and I plan to spend one of my afternoon/evenings at AK. It looks like the park closes at 8, and with EMH, I should be there till 11.

My plan is to do animal based things when I first arrive around 3:00 (well, first I'm going to FP Everest, but then I'll do animal stuff) and save the other attractions for later.

How does that sound? Any other suggestions?

BluewaterBrad
05-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Sounds like a plan! AK is really cool at night. It seems to take on a different "feeling". Have fun!:mickey:

joanna71985
05-11-2008, 04:54 PM
I would try to do KS first, as it closes at a different time of the park.

Gator
05-11-2008, 05:17 PM
I would try to do KS first, as it closes at a different time of the park.

I agree. Most times of year, it stops running at 4:30 or 5:00. Grab a FP for ExEv, then head to the Safari. Get plenty of pics, too. It's not a sight that many people see.

kakn7294
05-11-2008, 06:41 PM
The trails also tend to close earlier than the rest of the park. Hit those early as well if you are interested in seeing the animals along the trails.

joelkfla
05-11-2008, 09:42 PM
In June, with the park open until 8, the animal attractions should be open until at least 6. That includes the safari and the animal trails in Africa and Asia. Just check the Times Guide when you arrive, or ask at the Tip Board.

If you would like to see the shows, Festival of the Lion King is the only one of the three majors that has a performance during EMH. Flights of Wonder, the excellent free-flight bird show, usually has its last performance in mid- to late-afternoon, and Finding Nemo (The Musical) usually finishes about an hour before park closing. So you'll need to plan on getting those in early, if you're interested in them.

I've never been in the park during EMH, but I don't think you'll have any trouble getting on Everest during the last hour of EMH.

RockinRollerMom
05-11-2008, 10:00 PM
EMH at AK is one of our favorites! People really seem to clear out after the first two hours. My family is a bunch of thrill ride junkies with EE being one of our favs. When we were there in Decmeber we rode EE over and over again in the last hour of EMH without any line at all. I really mean no line at all!!! I know June is a more crowded time, but I still think that you shouldn't have a problem. Good luck and have a great time!

GrumpyFan
05-12-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm going to WDW for a conference in June (Tech Ed - anyone else gonna be there?) and I plan to spend one of my afternoon/evenings at AK. It looks like the park closes at 8, and with EMH, I should be there till 11.

What conference? I'm going to the QAD conference June 8-11th. Is that the one you're going to? We're going to be staying at the Dolphin Sunday thru Tuesday, then Wednesday when the conferece is over we're switching to Pop Century.

Mary M
05-12-2008, 10:17 AM
What conference? I'm going to the QAD conference June 8-11th. Is that the one you're going to? We're going to be staying at the Dolphin Sunday thru Tuesday, then Wednesday when the conferece is over we're switching to Pop Century.

No, it's Microsoft Tech Ed. I'm staying at the Hilton at DTD. Maybe yours is more fun. :)

GrumpyFan
05-12-2008, 10:20 AM
No, it's Microsoft Tech Ed. I'm staying at the Hilton at DTD. Maybe yours is more fun. :)

I doubt it! I'm actually kinda dreading it. It will be a long couple of days in those conference rooms listening to someone talk about work-related stuff, when all I'll be thinking of is what attractions I'm going to hit as soon as I get out. ;)