PDA

View Full Version : Toll House Cookie Sandwiches

Goofy Dad 13
05-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Do they still have these at the parks? We could not find them our last trip, and they are one of our family favorites. We still get the one from the Main Street Bakery, but we like to get the ones from the snack carts as well (great to share).

Thanks for the info!

Natazu
05-11-2008, 05:36 PM
I've only seen them at Main Street Bakery. Anybody? Bueller?

Gator
05-11-2008, 05:36 PM
They are still there. Some carts have them, some don't. But I always look for them. It's either that or the chocoalte covered bananas...or the dole whips...or the maple pecans...or Mickey ice cream bars...

Maleficent's Dad
05-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Disney has phased out all Nestle Toll House Sandwich Cookie ice cream treats from the carts. There are two locations in the MK where they are still available, but made upon request, not the frozen type. In addition to the Main Street Bake Shop, you can purchase one at the window in Liberty Square (small shop facing towards the hub of the park).

The official word is that the frozen variety contained too much trans fat, so Disney will no longer offer them for sale.

Jared
05-11-2008, 09:50 PM
I used to like the ones from the carts sometimes, but they were just mediocre compared to the wonderful and unbelievable sandwiches from the Main Street Bakery. I'll just have to settle for the regular Mickey ice cream bar.

:tasty:

KineGirl
05-12-2008, 03:44 AM
Are these a DDP snack? I cant believe I havent had one yet!! yuummmm :eat:

TennesseeTink
05-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Disney has phased out all Nestle Toll House Sandwich Cookie ice cream treats from the carts. There are two locations in the MK where they are still available, but made upon request, not the frozen type. In addition to the Main Street Bake Shop, you can purchase one at the window in Liberty Square (small shop facing towards the hub of the park).

The official word is that the frozen variety contained too much trans fat, so Disney will no longer offer them for sale.

OMG!!:confused: You are kidding! DH and I were so looking forward to those next month. They still had them when we were there in October. :( I've never had one made at the Main Street Bakery but we will definitely be doing that.

As far as the trans fat goes, I seriously doubt anyone ever ate anything from the ice cream carts thinking it was good for them. When I'm at WDW, I rarely consider fat content. I do that enough at home.