PDA

View Full Version : Defining an "E-Ticket" Attraction

Lightning McQueen
05-11-2008, 12:03 AM
It seems a common slam on Toy Story Mania is to call it "just a D-ticket attraction."

This raises the question for me, how do you define an E-ticket attraction vs. a C or D-ticket? Which attractions would you consider E? Can a show (like Finding Nemo the Musical) be considered an E-ticket?

I think some are obvious (ToT, Everest), but what about Soarin and TSM? What about HM and PotC?

Love to hear your thoughts....

chrisb26
05-11-2008, 01:04 AM
Well since I haven't rode it yet not sure what I would call Toy Story Mania although I would have thought it would be E ticket. I would say the bigger things would be E and I would agree you could consider the Nemo musical E ticket. But I did find this interesting when I was pin trading this last week I found a E ticket pin which had some rides listed and It's A Small World as an E ticket which I don't agree with but that is just me :D

Speedy1998
05-11-2008, 10:14 AM
That depends. Today most people use the term "E-ticket" to define thrill rides. However, when the A-E ticket system was in use that was not the case. E-ticket rides could be thrilling but they also could be using the latest technology. When the tickets were last used in 1982, E-ticket rides included Country Bear Jamboree, Haunted Mansion, 20,000K leauges under the sea (the only E-ticket ride to close), The Hall of Presidents, Space Mountain, The Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribean and "it's a small world"

big blue and hairy
05-11-2008, 10:24 AM
At this point E-ticket really has no meaning. It may be used by some in Imagineering, although i don't know if they do or not. Since ride technology has changed so much since WDW opened, and those tickets don't exist anymore, it's just something thrown around as a buzz-word.

I define rides and attractions by, "I like them and want to do them again", or not. :mickey:

:sulley:

Aggie97
05-11-2008, 05:42 PM
My old trip notes list these rides as open during an E-Ride Night (loved those!) at the MK:

BTMRR
Buzz Lightyear
Hauted Mansion
Winnie the Pooh
PhilharMagic
Peter Pan
Space Mtn.
Splash Mtn.

:mickey: