PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

the other micki
05-10-2008, 11:58 PM
If you were in Magic Kingdom in the morning, would you rather hop the monorail and catch a late breakfast (11:00 or 11:30) at Chef Mickey's or just eat lunch at Crystal Palace?

ljv1975
05-11-2008, 01:02 AM
We ate at the Crystal Palace for lunch this past March, and I honestly wouldn't again. Personally, I didn't care too much for the food selection, and my DH agreed and he isn't too picky. I do want to try CP for breakfast on our next trip. That is just my opinion though!

We also did Chef Mickey's for breakfast. We had a late breakfast ressie - 10:45 I think. I enjoyed the food and he character interaction was great. As we were waiting for our check, the place was really clearing out and Goofy came back by our table and spent quite a bit of time with DD and some boys at another table.

I definetly would choose Chef Mickey's for breakfast over CP for lunch if it were me!!

Natazu
05-11-2008, 01:41 AM
I like Pooh and friends so there's no contest for me. The food's about the same at both places.

So, Tiggers and Pooh Bears or Ducks, Mice, & Chipmunks?

KAT1811
05-11-2008, 07:09 AM
If you have children I would just do lunch at Crystal Palace. I think it would be awful hard to get then out of the MK once they are in. If not then I would hop the monerail to CM's.

Jared
05-11-2008, 09:28 AM
I prefer the Pooh characters to Mickey and like lunch better than breakfast, so I'd definitely choose The Crystal Palace. Also, eating there would let you stay in the park longer, which would save time.

:tasty:

RockinRollerMom
05-11-2008, 09:38 AM
My vote is for Chef Mickey's. It is one of our favorites and a must do every trip. I love the classic disney characters. I have done a late breakfast there and have really enjoyed it. We were one of the last tables there. (I think our ADR was for 10:45 or 11) We got tons of character interaction once the place starting clearing out. I personally don't find it an inconvience hopping over to the CR.

mouseketeer mom
05-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Being already in the park, I would def. eat lunch at Crystal Palace. We have eaten there a few times and have always had a positive experience. Its bright and sunny in there, a happy, positive dining experience and the food is very good.
That being said, I would do that simply because you are already in the park, and who would want to leave the park that early??? However, Chef Mickey's is our favorite, favorite character meal. A classic, must do AT LEAST once. Maybe make that for another day, before you hit the parks, or for a dinner after the parks?? Enjoy whichever you choose!

sardanem
05-11-2008, 10:52 AM
We had lunch at the Crystal Palace in March/07 and found it to be a really fun experience.Was the food great? No, but it was still a great experience. We will be having dinner there in August. We have had Chef Mickey's for breakfast and loved it and we will be trying it for dinner this time, but I agree that in your situation, I would stay in MK and have lunch at CP. Either way, you will have a great time.

Lisa

laward32
05-11-2008, 12:27 PM
I would do a late breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We really enjoyed the food and the character experience when we went in October. I haven't eaten at CP, but I was really impressed with Chef Mickeys.:mickey:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-12-2008, 12:22 PM
We do Chef Mickey's for breakfast every year and Crystal Palace for dinner every year. (Not on the same day I could not possibly punish my gut that much in one day.) Kids love both and it doesn't matter what I think when the wife and 2 girls out vote me. I am outnumbered 3 to 1 so I am along to take pictures and Pay and pay and pay and pay. But since I am a kid at heart I just join them!

KAT1811
05-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Kids love both and it doesn't matter what I think when the wife and 2 girls out vote me. I am outnumbered 3 to 1 so I am along to take pictures and Pay and pay and pay and pay. But since I am a kid at heart I just join them!

Don't feel bad my DH is out numbered 4 to one (myself and 3 DDs so far)! It could be worse!!! LOL!!!

We are also doing both this year. We can go out to eat anytime, anywhere in a "normal" restaurant so we try to figure in a few character meals (and other fun eateries specifically for the children) as well as some nicer eateries for all of us when we are in WDW. Plus the character meals certainly cut down on the time in line waiting for autographs!

If you can try both. Go for an early breakfast at CM's and a later lunch at CP!

elmjimmlm
05-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Chef Mickeys...:thumbsup:

NJGIRL
05-12-2008, 02:55 PM
I would just eat at the Crystal Palace. It's basically the same food at both places. The characters are different but if you don't care who you see I would say save time and eat where you are.

crltkcagle
05-12-2008, 05:02 PM
It is the same food at both places. I would do crystal palace. Its a lot of fun but so it Chef Mickeys. Sorry I guess I'm not much help. I can tell you that we did CM's for dinner and it was awful! The worst food I ever ate! On the other hand we did CP for breakfast and it was really good!

Duchess99
05-12-2008, 06:09 PM
I've never been to Crystal Palace, but I would go to Chef Mickey's anyway. It's always nice to get out of the parks for a little bit to take a break. Chef Mickey's has great food and good character interactions. The monorail is always fun too :)

Mickey91
05-12-2008, 07:27 PM
If you have eaten at CP before and like it, then I wouldn't waste time leaving the park. If you haven't been to CP, we didn't care for the dinner menu there. I think lunch is similar. Chef Mickeys, however, is yummy!!:mickey: