PDA

View Full Version : What to do with them Post-Disney Blues?

danimator
05-10-2008, 04:03 PM
DW, DB, and a friend just got back. And man, the real world is a downer. What do you do with your post-disney blues? All I could do was sort my pictures into my flickr account. Guess the next thing to do is make a dvd for my comrades..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26478531@N00/sets/72157604982792543/

Forum doesn't let me post pics? Oh well. Enjoy anyway. :)

What do you do with your PDP??

KineGirl
05-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Oh wow.. first let me commend you on such beautiful pics! You really have an eye! Other than sorting out my treasures (scrapbooking pics & such, pins, plushes, Harmony Kingdom boxes, pressed pennies etc..) and putting them in their new homes I start mentally planning my next trip. Then as soon as I decide when I want to go and where I want to stay- I make a new rsvp! Then I really start planning!! Thats the only real relief I have from the blues is knowing that plans are in place for the next trip but I really dont shake it until my feet are firmly planted in the World again. Nothing is worse though to us than our last day in the parks - we refer to it as "The Saddest Day in the World". :( :mickey: :(

:hug: reading trip reports by people help too, especially when they seem to do the World like me or are staying where Id like to stay, etc..

snerd475
05-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Oh, man, I feel your pain. I just left last Sunday, and I felt the most overwhelming sense of depression on the way out, when you look at that "Welcome to Disney World" in your rearview mirror, disappearing in the distance, knowing the real world is just over the horizon...

Organizing your pictures, editing, etc., will certainly help, but only for a short time.

I had already booked my next trip while there, getting the "bounce back" rate, but still, it was 7 whole months away. That is too far in advance to look forward to in desperate anticipation, so I had to figure out some other thing to obsess about.

I just booked a night by the beach (here in Ft. Lauderdale) on the 4th of July, and made plans for Key West for the first week in August for my daughter's birthday. It gives me some other focus, which is what I need, to not obsess over my next WDW trip.

So, if you can find some other event(s) to focus on and plan, that will definitely help to bridge the gap between Disney visits.

Good luck!

DISFREAKS
05-10-2008, 04:35 PM
We start thinking and planning for the next trip. DW does a little scrapbooking so she gets right into that when we get home.

:ditto: what KineGirl wrote. Your pictures Are Great! If you don't do that professionally, you could.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

BronxTigger
05-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Your photos are fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

I don't know what to do about your post-Disney blues. If you figure it out, let me know!

Gator
05-10-2008, 04:58 PM
When I get home, my wife begins scrapbooking and I take all my digital photos and begin making a DVD with cool music. It let's me "stay" at WDW as recall all the great times - live in the memories. It's away to slowly integrate with reality.

danimator
05-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone! The scrapbooking element definitely helps. Funny enough; it seems like the only thing that really eases the pain is planning another trip.. (darn you Disney!) ..but at the same time, I'm worried the trips would just start repeating themselves.

How do you keep it fresh? DW and I took my DB and a friend of hers this time and it was great, but I worry about the experience starting to feel too familiar.

KineGirl
05-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Too familiar?? as if! LOL jj... kinda But Ive been I think over 30 times in the past 14 years and I have yet to do everything there is to do! WDW does a great job of keeping things fresh with either new attractions, celebrations, restaurants, entertainment and shows that I have yet to feel like its the same ol same ol. Sure we have faves that have to do every year but there is always something new to try. Dont worry about it feeling too familiar ESPECIALLY when you seem to love Disney as much as the rest of us! Before I ever went to WDW I honestly used to wonder what all the fuss was about! However, on our very first trip there we fell so in love that me and my folks both bought into the DVC - now we cant go enough! For example this year we will see the new Toy Story Mania, partying in Block Party Bash, trying out Tutto Italia, riding Maelstrom for the first time (never did it!), eating at the new Teppen Edos all along with our favorites. Each trip brings some new undiscovered treasure and Im positive thats the way it always will be. :mickey::number1:

laward32
05-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Your pictures are beautiful. I love the one in DHS of the hat and how all the people are blurry. What kind of camera do you own? You have a great eye.
For my blues I visit Intercot almost daily. I like to get on Youtube and look at peoples videos. I am going to start my two DD's scrapbooks of our last 3 trips. I look at all of my pics and plan for my next trip.:mickey:

Emme&TeddysMommy
05-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Wow your pictures are amazing! What type of camera did you use? I am in the market for a new one and your camera took some high quality photos. Thanks for the pictures.

Aggie97
05-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Fantastic photos - thanks for posting!

The only cure I've found to post-WDW blues is planning the next trip. :mickey:

elmjimmlm
05-10-2008, 10:11 PM
What do you do with your post-disney blues?

:cry: :fit: :crying:

PhilHarHarMagic
05-10-2008, 10:21 PM
We were there 1 week short of two months ago. When I first got back I spent a lot of time responding to questions in Intercot with fresh information that I got on my trip. After a couple of weeks, I felt like my information was already old, so I got depressed and stayed away for a bit.

Today is the first day I've responded to more than one post in one day in weeks, so I must be coming out of my funk.

I also enjoy the myriad of Disney podcasts that are out there = PM me and I'll send a list of my 3 or 4 favorites out there...

KineGirl
05-11-2008, 12:13 AM
btw those flowers are Lantana... one of my faves. :flower: Your pics are so pretty I had to look at them again and show my DH. Love the captions too!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-11-2008, 12:21 AM
Immediately start planning another trip! It's the only thing that will help.

paragon
05-11-2008, 07:25 AM
Much like everyone else, we tend to do our scrapbooking and photo albums, but I also seem to always leave all the little Disney trinkets laying around, the Mickey soap goes right to the bathroom sink, still wrapped! The park maps and brochures lay around awhile, and I always immediately begin searching the web for Disney pictures and photos, ( I just added yours to my favorites!) and I found the Web cam that looks at Epcot from the Swan & Dolphin hotel, that seems to help. but the biggest thing we have decided to do was to never again book our Disney trip in the dead of winter! By far, there is absolutely nothing more depressing than leaving the dark, snowy New Hampshire winters to get to bright sunny Florida and the clean Disney properties, only to return to the snow and winter again! I absolutely HATE the last day there, when we've got to kill time waiting to go to the airport, that is the saddest time for me, I tend to move as slow as I can! We've moved our trips to May and September instead.
To keep or return trips fresh we plan out specific things we may have missed or would want to repeat early in our planning. This year, we're going to try to take in a tour, and hopefully some Bay Lake cruises.

beachezncream
05-11-2008, 10:46 AM
I really like your pictures :thumbsup: great job.

We listen to Live 365... actually im listening to it now.. haha but we listen to the disney stations such as Park Hopper Radio :cloud9: and MouseWorld Radio.. and is the rides and area music and if i close my eyes im there..

it even has music from rides that dont exist anymore.. which is great to listen too.

we Intercot alot in our non disney down time.. it makes us feel good when we can help out with ohters disney questions, and we are ever thinking on our next trip so its cool to come here and figure out some things in advance.

but Live 365 is a huge part of the post disney recovery process :cool:

MushuGrl
05-11-2008, 02:31 PM
BEST. PHOTOS. EVER!!!!

And I agree with the Live 365. I also surround myself with as much Disney as possible to keep the withdrawal symptoms to a minimum. :blush:

danimator
05-11-2008, 09:49 PM
For those who asked, I'm using a Fuji Finepix S5600. Youtube here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFPD4wUx7b8) It's a decent point-and-shoot camera that's pretty full-featured, but not as nice as an SLR. Lots of mid-priced point and shoots should give you comparable results. I've found it's not so much the camera's power, but knowing what do with it. (learned a lot of hard lessons from my first trip. ;)

Yeah, I listened to a lot of Live365 prior to my trip too. :) I guess the only way to stave off the blues is to keep planning.. :D

Capt. Sparrow
05-12-2008, 10:32 AM
I leave this Saturday (5-17) for WDW and I know I will be feeling your pain as soon as I get back. And it usually lasts a LONG time!

FutureCorpsFan
05-12-2008, 01:47 PM
We found the one sure fire way to cure the post trip depression.... and that's to have you next trip already scheduled before you leave on your current trip.

Being DVC owners, your kind of forced to have to think that stuff out in advance so, most times we leave, we already know when we are going back!

danimator
05-13-2008, 01:08 PM
DW and I looked at the DVC; but as we're only in our 20's, it was a tad pricey for us. ;)

Maybe someday....