PDA

View Full Version : Decorating Disney for Christmas?

Lawrence Tetewsky
05-10-2008, 12:51 PM
If we visit WDW on November 30th, will all the parks and resorts be decorated for Christmas?:pirate:

disneylovinmom
05-10-2008, 01:46 PM
They should be. I think they start having the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parties in November. We went right before Christmas last year and it was decorated very beautifully.:magic:

MickeyMomof2
05-10-2008, 02:06 PM
I think MGM and MK are decorated mid-November, and the Epcot Christmas events start right after Thanksgiving. You should get to see it all!

AHOTE
05-10-2008, 02:16 PM
We were at WDW last year 10/28 to 11/04. We got to see all the Halloween :mpumpkin: decorations. By 11/01 Halloween was gone and many of the Christmas :tree: Trees and decorations :ornament: were up by 11/04. :santa3: I'm sure by the 30th everything will be in perfect Disney order.

TheMartellFamily
05-10-2008, 03:47 PM
We were there in Nov 1,2, 3 and the stuff was already going up.

RockinRollerMom
05-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Yep everything will be up. I was there last year at that time and it was my family's favorite WDW trip ever. Make sure you check out the Osborne Lights at DHS. That was our favorite.:santa3:

andreallybadeggs
05-11-2008, 10:50 AM
We went one mid November. Every resort was decorated and beautiful. The parks are so festive during the holidays. Agree, the Osborne lights are a must and we like to take an afternoon or evening to visit as many resorts as possible just to see the decorations. GF is our favorite--:santa::santa: simply regal and the Gingerbread House is amazing.

Capt. Sparrow
05-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Last year was my first trip to WDW during the holiday season and the decorations were amazing. Although I have to say I was a little disappointed in the quantity of decorations at the mk. I was expecting the whole park to be decorated with xmas lights (in the trees, ornaments, etc.) and was a little disappointed that it was mainly only Main Street and the Castle that was decorated. Outside of this area, it looks like just another day at the mk (even though an ordinary day at the mk beats any day any where else!).

And the snop is amazing!!! Almost like the real thing back here at home!

Rella
05-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Yup! We went in mid-November and everything was BEAUTIFUL! I was so surprised because I wasn't really thinking about it...I got all excited when I saw the Osborne Lights up on the buildings, but when I asked a CM about them I found out that they weren't lighting them for a few more days and we were leaving before then. :( Everything else was done and awesome though! Enjoy!:cloud9:

Narawen
05-14-2008, 01:54 AM
Yup! We were there last year over Halloween, and while not fully decorated, AK had a huge christmas tree up and the dinosaur skeleton had a santa hat on Nov 1.

Taja
05-14-2008, 01:44 PM
If my internal calendar is working, that sould be the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend.

Yep! You should be good to go with the holiday decorations! :thumbsup:

scootch713
05-14-2008, 07:27 PM
YES... they will be mostly all decorated by Nov 10th(first MVMCP), and completely by the 15th... gotta get as much out of the Christmas bang as they can.

EditReject
05-14-2008, 09:38 PM
In my opinion that is one of the best times to go to WDW (right after Thanksgiving). I was there from 11/26 to 12/1 last year and stayed at the YC. The weather is perfect, the crowds were lighter (the longest wait for an attraction was 20 mins for KS at AK-everything else we were pretty much walking right on) and you cannot beat the holidays done Disney style. I hope to make that time of the year my regular visit period in the future. The only downside is the parks closing earlier that time of the year but the way to make the most of that is to visit the park that has EMH (eve) on that particular day.