PDA

View Full Version : Coming next week: The Tournament of Attractions!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-09-2008, 05:29 PM
First off: congrats to Greenlawler who provided everyone on the Character forum with the Ultimate Villains Tournament. When there's something good going on, there are always spin-offs. So I present to you the first of those in the same capacity: The Tournament of Attractions!

It works the very same way as Ultimate Villains. There are four regions: Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Disney Hollywood Studios.

There are 32 attractions (rides and shows), 8 from each region.

It is simple: You vote for your FAVORITE attraction out of the two. The more popular attraction moves on to the next round.

Here are the attractions that will take part. They'll be randomly drawn to see which one goes up against which:

DHS Region:

Great Movie Ride
Backlot Tour/Catastrophe Canyon
Tower of Terror
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Rockin' Roller Coaster
Playhouse Disney Live
Star Tours

Epcot Region:

Soarin'
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
American Adventure Film
Mission Space
Test Track
Spaceship Earth
Ellens Energy Adventure
Honey I Shrunk the Audience

MK Region:

Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road
Mad Hatter's Tea Party
Haunted Mansion
Space Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean
Country Bear Jamboree
Peter Pan's Flight

AK Region:

Kilimanjaro Safari
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Expedition Everest
Kali River Rapids
Triceratops Spin
Dinosaur!
Primevil Whirl
Its Tough to Be A Bug 3D

The tournament will start next week once the Ultimate Villains Tournament in the character board is finished. Don't want to interfere.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about it! I've been planning this for a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to see which part of Disney can be crowned best at WDW out of the selection above!

Chris :hatter:

KineGirl
05-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Yay! Great idea! Im predicting that HM and POTC will be in the finales :thumbsup:

RocknRoller94
05-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Hooray! :party2:I was dissapointed that the Villain Tournement was almost over (I went with Hook in the end.) because we wouldn't have any more large scale poles to look forward to. Just what we need!:mickey:

Lightning McQueen
05-13-2008, 12:34 AM
this sounds awesome :) can i request Philharmagic be entered in the MK region?

Carol
05-13-2008, 06:58 AM
Have fun - but please wait until one poll falls to page 2 before posting the next. It gets very cluttered if the forum is full of polls. :)

beksy
05-13-2008, 06:25 PM
:)Yea!! I love these things! I can't wait! Thanks for all your work in putting it together.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Have fun - but please wait until one poll falls to page 2 before posting the next. It gets very cluttered if the forum is full of polls. :)

No problem! It'll take a bit longer that way but as we all know when waiting for our trips...in the end, it is worth the wait :thumbsup:

The rides that are appearing in the Tournament of Attractions! were chosen randomly from a complete list of park attractions (yes I shred paper and wrote them ALL out! Thats how American Adventure Film got in there! lol). It'll be fun - we'll start tomorrow with one of the quarter-final matches in the Epcot region!

Chris :hatter: