PDA

View Full Version : post-trip physical repercussions

DisneyDog
05-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Okay, I have back problems. I was in a car accident 13 years ago, and I am often in pain and/or uncomfortable. I was feeling pretty good before my trip last week. I had been walking each day at lunch breaks and in the evening to build up my walking strength. I was fine until 3 days into my trip. I didn't remember the seats on the Mexico boats being so uncomfortable. They are at a strange angle, slanting too far back. I ended up with a pinched nerve in my back. Also, all the the walking did something funny to my knee. It has been killing me since I got back. It's very humid and raining hard today, so I am limping pretty badly.

Anyone else end up living with aches and pains after a physically demanding trip?

SBETigg
05-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Yes! I hurt my hip a few months before my last trip but never went to the prescribed physical therapy because it started to get better. But wham, day two of WDW and the pain came back. I made the best of it and limped all around, rested more frequently, but what a bummer.

Also, the trip before that, a little kid was pushing his own stroller around the parks while his oblivious parents walked ahead of him, and he headed right for my DH at a run. The DH leapt over kid and stroller (quite a feat!) but landed flat on his back. The parents turned around and never even apologized. They just yelled at their child to hurry up. :confused:The DH has back problems anyway, and it took him some time to recover from that after the trip.

I'm really sorry about your back pain. Best wishes to recover soon.

BluewaterBrad
05-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Well, we feel for ya. My wife and I are 41 and do cover the parks very well when we visit, but we usually HAVE to take a total rest day (pool,lounging, etc.). I read all of your reports and have to say you guys were busy! ( in retrospect, I was in the 8th row at a Kid Rock concert last night and feel like I went a few rounds with Mike Tyson!):mickey:

Camping Mom
05-09-2008, 10:40 PM
The first time we ever went to Disneyworld we were on a shoestring budget. That was 1993. We had 4 day hopper passes and our first 3 days I was like a drill sargeant. I had no idea if we could ever afford to go back. On the 4th day the guys wanted to play golf while I did laundry. When I got up that morning and put my feet on the floor of our pop up, I have never had such pain except for childbirth!!! No way could I have walked another step that day.

We have been several times now and I am still that way after a few days....OUCH on the feet!!!