PDA

View Full Version : A little ashamed

scuttle66
05-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Ok, after being to WDW so many times and with Epcot being our favorite park, I'm ashamed to admit I don't know what school bread is. Can anyone explain? :blush:

KineGirl
05-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Its more like a pastry than a bread that has a custard filling (pokes out on top instead of sides as we're accustomed to in the US) with a glazed top and sprinkled in coconut. Kind of like a doughnut :)

thrillme
05-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Don't feel too bad. I've never tried it either. I'm not sure if I've even seen it. I'm figuring that I probably have but it wasn't the type of dessert that appealed to me.

Jared
05-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Fortunately, there is a picture of school bread (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/foodphotos/epcot/worldshowcase/page4.asp#kringla) right here in Info Central. The yellowish cream at the top is the custard, and the powdery white stuff is the coconut.

:tasty:

disneymom15
05-09-2008, 07:15 PM
It wouldn't be for me either. I hate coconut.

Maleficent's Dad
05-09-2008, 10:57 PM
School Bread can be found in the Norway bakery.

After reading for years here on I'cot about School Bread, we tried it last year. I know I'm in the vast minority around these parts, but we did not enjoy... the pastry part is indeed bread, with filling inside and on top, plus the coconut. The texture of the pastry is not donut-like, but very bread-like.

It just wasn't for us. There are, however, lots of good treats in that bakery! :mickey:

Natazu
05-10-2008, 12:04 AM
Don't be ashamed. I've had it like 3 times and I don't know what it is.

#1donaldfan
05-11-2008, 02:52 PM
It's not for me......no coconut for me either......I wonder if they would make some without the coconut, upon a request???:confused: