PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century Question

fupresti
05-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Last I stayed here we had a room in the 70's building with a view of the lake. Can you request a room in a specific building, as I would really like to stay in the same area again.

Scott C
05-09-2008, 02:57 PM
You can request, but there is no guarantee.

Thanks
Scott C

MickeyMomof2
05-09-2008, 04:16 PM
You can call and have your request added to your reservation. Also, when we checked into ASSp last fall, they did not have a record of our request. The CM at check-in said you can call the resort 8 or 9 days before your arrival to make sure they have a record of your request. She said they get the reservations from the main system 10 days in advance (I think), and sometimes requests get lost in the shuffle. I don't know if this works every time, but it is what I was told.

They still fulfilled our request at check-in, even though they did not have a record of it. They will accomodate you if they are able.

bigbabyblues
05-10-2008, 08:00 PM
I requested 50's section with a lake view last year and got it.

HndrdPrcnt
05-10-2008, 08:49 PM
We had specific requests put on our reservation and then we faxed the POP 10 days prior to arrival and also called about 8 days prior with our requests. Even with all of that, none of our requests were honored.:thedolls:

That being said, we still had a great room and an amazing trip!!:thumbsup:

Young@Heart
05-10-2008, 11:20 PM
We had a preferred room and requested top floor, view of Epcot fireworks. Unfortunately, we didn't get it. But we had a nice 3rd floor room in the '60's and were close to the pool and foodcourt. :thumbsup:
I believe it never hurts to ask!

JasonH
05-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Anytime I and my DFam has made requests(which we request for a certain section and top floor adjoining rooms), we've been very fortunate to have them fulfilled and also fortunate to have a record of the request each time we go with only requesting the one time, being the time we make the reservation. But I also think it depends on what time of year you go as to how well they will be able to accomodate, such as are you going during a value, less crowded part of the year or are you going during peak/holiday, more crowded times. Something to consider when you make your requests so at the least if you don't get what you asked for, you may be more understanding as to why didn't get it fulfilled.:thumbsup: