PDA

View Full Version : Super Soap Week-end

Reesa Roo
05-09-2008, 01:06 PM
I am taking a long weekend girls-only trip to WDW the weekend of November 15, 16. When I made my plans, SSW was an earlier weekend but now I see that it has changed to the weekend I will be there. I already bought plane tickets so there's no turning back now. Has anyone been there previous years on that weekend and know how SSW affects crowd levels? Luckily the Studios is our least favorite park - so we don't plan to spend much time there. Just wondering if it made the rest of the parks more crowded.

Thanks all!
188 days...

sisterslovindisney
05-09-2008, 01:46 PM
I know there was a thread about this not long ago. We were there during SSW in 2004. We didn't have any problems with lines. Actually being at the Studios on the day of the event was pretty neat. Everyone there was standing in line to see the Soap Stars and we were walking onto rides. It was also the end of the F&WF, and I believe the Festival of the Masters was going on too. We really didn't wait more than 25 minutes for anything.

wendy*darling
05-09-2008, 08:32 PM
In previous years it has been a crazy weekend!
It was always the end of Jersey Week, end of Food & Wine and the same weekend as Festival of the Masters (although that really has no effect on park crowds).

Now with the move to the following weekend- you miss the Jersey crowds and the F&W crowds. I think it will be a much lighter weekend.
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party will have started- and you will be able to see the holiday decorations going up by then.
There are MVMCPs on the 14th and 16th if you are interested.

The Soap fans really only make the Studios crowded that weekend- other parks are not affected much, if at all. And even at that- it's the lines for autographs and the other special events that are crowded- the rides are not bad at all.

TheRustyScupper
05-10-2008, 02:25 PM
DANGER WILL ROBINSON. DANGER.

1) SSW is crazy at the Studios.
2) The ladies (mainly) go nutso.
. . . they line up 1-hr early at the gates
. . . they RUN RUN RUN to get FPS when park opens
. . . CM's only let 100 in at a time due to the rush
. . . if on the main drag, you could get run over
. . . ladies with ECV's actually hit people in front of them
. . . they grab anything for a souvenir *
3) If possible, avoid Studios during SSW

* I was driving a car that ferried stars. There was no one in it, but the magnetic sign was on the door. Some lady ran in front of the car, almost getting hit, just to grab the sign off the car! Now, let's talk about how crazy fans are in line for autographs, especially when the star needs a break and leaves while there are people still in line!