PDA

View Full Version : Disney Snowglobes

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-09-2008, 12:02 PM
I know a popular purchase in WDW or elsewhere is the Disney Snowglobes. I love collecting these, although I only have three (though there is a great selection at our local Disney Store right now).

I was wondering of all the Disney Snowglobes you have - which is your favorite?

Its a tough call for me, but I'd have to go with this tiny one of Brer Rabbit holding the globe with Splash Mountain inside, and Brer Fox and Brer Bear riding the log to the Briar Patch! I picked it up in WDW last September. It doesn't play a song though.

The one I want to get my hands on is the one that plays Grim Grinning Ghosts, with all the villains and their eyes lit up. But from what I remember it is a lot of $$$ and I didn't want to risk bringing it home from the World and having it break in the luggage.

p.s. The Splash Mountain one I have is right beside me in my office! :blush:

Chris :hatter:

DisneyWhirled
05-09-2008, 12:24 PM
I have several snowglobes...several Disney and many that represent important times in my life. My collection has outgrown my storage capacity!

My favorite Disney snowglobe is the one I got a few years ago @ WDW that has all of the characters represented and the monorail running around it.

But alas, as I mentioned above...no more globes for me for a while, until I can get another hutch!

KineGirl
05-09-2008, 01:27 PM
I dont own any but am heir to my parents 60+ globes LOL (thats what they always tell me... "what are you going to do with all these one day??) and as crazy as it seems to me, I dont think they have either of the ones ya'll, the PPs, have mentioned. My favorite of theirs though is a 100 years of Magic one. It looks like a couple of globes on top of each other with all the most memorable characters in it and Dumbo flying around the top. So cool!

I like any of the snowglobes that move or light up the most!

IloveDisney71
05-09-2008, 08:31 PM
I started collecting Disney snowglobes a few years ago and have added 14 to my collection. I could make more room in my curio cabinet if I move all the non-Disney stuff out.
I don't think I could pick one favorite so I'll list my top 5:
1. My very first one was of Cinderella - the mice are helping her fix her dress for the ball
2. I have one in the shape of the ship from Peter Pan
3. The Haunted Mansion with Mickey, Goofy, & Donald in a doom buggy
4. Beauty and the Beast (It's really tall with the a miniture castle on the top)
5. I have one with all the villans

Sorry - I got carried away but I just love my collection. I get snowglobes during each trip and sometimes for birthdays or other special occasions.

tinksmom02
05-09-2008, 09:37 PM
I ordered a snowglobe for DD when DH redid her room to a Tinkerbell theme. It was a tink snowglobe from disney online LOL LOL The thing is HUGE!!!!! It's actually too big for her shelves and has been sitting in a box in her room for over a year now. I think it's about the size of a basketball...

That was the order of the enourmous products...I got the gigantic snowglobe, a Jack Skellington trailer hitch cover as big as DD's head, and a tote bag that was big enough to use as a weekend bag LOL

paragon
05-11-2008, 07:57 AM
We have seven, large ones. My favorite is " Peter Pan storyboard" Its HUGE! Mickey in the center, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald in a scene of an animation drawing room, the base looks like two film cans stacked. The music is "You can fly, you can fly".

I used to have a Pinnocio snow globe which I bought 15 years ago when my son was born ( i think that's the movie re-released that year ), unfortunately it broke. that one was actually ceramic, now all the globes are polyresin, which are nice, but don't seem to have that fine detail work as the ceramics did.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Just was at our local Disney Store today and thanks to the snowglobes all being 50% off, I spoiled myself by getting one with the unbirthday scene from Alice in Wonderland, along with a Cinderella one, which is awesome because the castle and the glass slipper (on the stairs) GLOWS BLUE! I didn't realize it did that until I turned it on a few moments ago. Ah, the magic of Disney :cloud9:

Chris :hatter:

goofyluva9293
05-18-2008, 03:01 PM
I have close to 40 Disney snowglobes now and I love them all. But I have to say my favorite is one that my mom had shipped from Disney World to our house in October of 2000 and saved for me for Christmas. It is the official Disney World 2000 snowglobe that has Mickey inside the globe holding the year 2000 numbers and has all of the characters around the outside holding hands. It plays the "Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand" song while all of the outside characters rotate. My favorite thing about it though is that when I opened it on Christmas morning, I noticed something funny about it. As the characters rotated Daisy came around with her purple dress with the pink puffy sleeves and her pink bow ... then a few seconds later Donald came around in his trademark blue outfit but surprisingly wearing a matching pink bow to Daisy. LOL! They must have accidentally put Daisy's head on Donald's body. My mom was so upset and wanted to send it back to Disney World and see if they might still possibly have another. But I said no. I loved it just the way it was! It is special! :mickey: