PDA

View Full Version : Happy Friday! Sock it to me..

Dr_Nigel_C
05-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Happy Friday, everyone!

I'm letting Jamie sleep in a bit this morning, so I'm getting today's party kicked off. :secret:

I have...drumroll please...today off from work! Woo!!! I'm going to be a chaperone for my son's class field trip today. We'll be heading to Shipwreck Island, the local water park. I'm excited to have the day off, and to get to spend time with my son.

It just so happens that yesterday was "No Socks Day". Very appropriate, because instead of my usual work attire, I've got a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals (no socks, of course).

So, join with me today as we all go sock-free. Let those toes wiggle and enjoy the fresh air (instead of being cramped up inside). :sick:

Here's the Drink-of-the-day (tm):

Dirty Sock :D
1 1/2 ounces Scotch
1 1/2 ounces Pineapple Juice
Pour in a lowball glass with ice.

Drinks are ready, so put in your orders. Have a great day, and a great weekend!! :beer:

offwego
05-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Love this theme! I'm not a fan of socks no matter what.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone..

drummerboy
05-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Happy Friday!

I think I'll pass on today's drink. :sick:

I actually have an eventless weekend coming up and I plan to keep it that way (but of course, I haven't taken into account what DW may have planned for me :D).

JanetMegan
05-09-2008, 08:04 AM
As a year round flip flop wearer I am never a fan of socks so today's party is perfect for me! I'll have a couple :marg: please-oh and I brought some hot wings!

KineGirl
05-09-2008, 08:08 AM
As a year round flip flop wearer I am never a fan of socks so today's party is perfect for me! I'll have a couple :marg: please-oh and I brought some hot wings!

Same here!

BOOOO socks!!!

only I'll take a bicardi pina colada with a dark rum floater and oops! Were we supposed to bring something? :D I just showed up for the booze :marg: Next time! I promise!

Mickey'sGirl
05-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Have fun at the water park!

I'll pass on the drink. Scotch is what's left after everything else is long gone. :ack:

Happy weekend everyone! Don't forget to hug your favourite Mother! :mickey:

wdwgrl377
05-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Happy Friday Everyone! Hope all have a great weekend! Be safe!

I love Shipwreck Island!! I used to go there very often when I lived in New Orleans! Have a great time!!

murphy1
05-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Please, no one wear socks with sandals anyway, ewww! Have fun with your son! That looks like a fun place, I'll have to take my kids, we love the Pan area.

MauiMouse
05-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Have a grand time at the water park. Sounds like a lot of fun with Little Nigel.

I'll pass too on the drink. Just give me a good ice cold Coke thanks. :thumbsup:

Nascfan
05-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Happy Friday everyone!

It's going to be a liitle cool up here for no socks, but hope everybody has a great weekend. And a very Happy Mother's Day to all our fellow Intercotees who are Mom's or have even have a Mom. :)

Dr_Nigel_C
05-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Well, the field trip was great!!

Ya know, I've lived in (or around) Panama City Beach for 10 years now, and this was my first trip to Shipwreck Island. It was fun. The kids had a good time, and I only lost 2 of the 3 kids I had under my care, so not bad!!! :secret:

It was/is a perfect day, and now I get to relax for what's left. Every day should be this nice. Well, if only Jamie weren't having to work today... :(

Anywho -- fresh round of drinks are on the way!

ElenitaB
05-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Today's Friday??? :confused:

Gosh, I could use one of those dirty socks, even if just to help me deal with all the actual dirty socks that DS has left around the place. Guess it's all in a mom's day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the INTERCOT moms and potential moms! :flower:

SgtTigger
05-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Happy Friday

What I missed the water park???????

Man o man........

Wait you lost 2 kids???????? oh NO........

I had a coke without socks yesterday.........

So what is going on this weekend??????

Hope everyone had a great day.... I am going to go outside and stand under the hose and pretend that I am at the water park.....

:cop: :tigger:

Lizzy
05-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Happy Friday!

I have no socks on, as usual, and no shoes! :D

I will stick with my crown and coke, no dirty socks for me!