PDA

View Full Version : Trading during APRIL Break? How tough is it??

5fromabove
05-08-2008, 10:23 PM
We are planning on going to the World next April vacation ('09). We're members at SSR, but were thinking of maybe trying out the VWL or BCV instead. Is that a pipe dream, being that April is such a busy time?? Has anyone been able to trade out to one of these during Spring Break before? Also, which would you recommend? I think Member Services said I could put in the request for any of the ones we want, and whichever comes up first, we get. Is that right? Thanks in advance. :)

lockedoutlogic
05-10-2008, 09:02 PM
I think it would be highly unlikely that you would get those two during march or april.....

that two month block is the most consistent heavy volume weeks of the calender year...and the two you are looking at have the fewest rooms....

high demand....little supply....

But you never know.....call at the window opening and go on the waitlists.....you might be ok

dephenn
05-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Lockedoutlogic is 100% correct!
I would make my reservation for SSR as soon as I could and ask to be placed on a wait list for both BCV and VWL or any other option you might like to try. I tried to take my daughter this year during April vacation, but by the time I found out I could go it was late and I got shut out of very DVC resort. I even tried to use my points at one of the hotels and was still shut down. So please book early and no matter where you stay have a great time.