PDA

View Full Version : What is your opnion....

crltkcagle
05-08-2008, 10:12 PM
We decided last minute to book a trip for September. Of course all the ADR's at the places I want are booked. What do you think of these places:
Sat : Kona's for dinner
Sun: Sci Fi Lunch
Mon: Coral Reef Lunch
Tues: Whispering Canyone dinner
Wed: Cape May Cafe dinner
Thurs: Myan Grill dinner
Fri: Ohanas for dinner

I have three boys who will be 7, 5 and 3 and it will also be me and dh. Are any of these places horrible? I love Ohana's and it is my favorite but the rest of these places are new to me. How are they and would you personally change any of them? thanks for all the help

KylesMom
05-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Kelly, I can't speak to the others (Ohana's one of our faves too), but I bet your boys will love Sci-Fi and Whispering Canyon! :mickey:

RockinRollerMom
05-08-2008, 11:02 PM
I think you have made some good decisions. The ones I've been to.

Cape May dinner Buffet- One of my top favs. In fact DD7 loves it so much she wants to go twice during our next trip. For the seafood lovers the steamed clams, clam chowder and shrimp are great. For the non seafood people there are plenty of other choices. A great salad bar, carving stations, desert stations etc. I hope you like it there as much as we do. I normally plan on being at EPCOT or DHS the day we go to Cape May.

Kona- Another fav. I love that it is so easy to get to and the food and service have been great when we have gone. The filet mignon was one of the better I've had.

Coral Reef- lands some place in the middle for me. The food was good. The service was not so good. (but hey, every-one has a bad night.) The atmosphere is a lot of fun. I think you're whole part will enjoy.

Hope you have a great trip!:mickey:

crltkcagle
05-09-2008, 08:57 AM
The Cape May Cafe was the one I was really worried about. The menu looks very attractive to us since we are big seafood eaters. I was told that it was a pain in the rump to get to though.

RockinRollerMom
05-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Not true at all. I find Cape May easy to get to. If we are at DHS we take the boat. (about a 15 min or so ride) If we are at EPCOT we walk over thru the international gateway. (about a 5 min. walk) If we are at MK, or AK we just take the bus to the Beach Club. The only time it can be a pain to get to is if you are trying to get there from a different resort. (This is true of any of the resorts restaurants. Unles it is one of restaurants that are on the monorail line.) My suggestion is to make sure that you are at a park before dinner. If you are the type that likes to go back to the resort in the afternoon for a dip in the pool, just do it a little earlier that day. So you could get back to the parks mid afternoon, take in some attractions then head over for dinner.

I hope you love Cape May as much as we do!

bruin1344
05-09-2008, 01:11 PM
great choice of cape may, prob fav on that list

crltkcagle
05-09-2008, 02:42 PM
What about the Mayan Cafe? Is that a good choice too?