PDA

View Full Version : AKV std or BWV std?

Tink&Goofy
05-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Assuming either one was available, which one would you choose? Which one has the better "view"? Which one would likely be the quietest?

Since the point values are about the same, we are trying to decide. I know that neither are currently available for mid December, but we would waitlist for one or both.

We have stayed at both resorts, but have never been in the "standard" view rooms. Any input on the standard view rooms????

ThanxForNoticin
05-09-2008, 12:15 PM
I would choose AKV. We found BWV to be noisier than the other DVC locations. However, it's hard to beat the location of BWV, especially if you are planning to spend a lot of time at either EPCOT or the Studios.

disneygirlie11
05-09-2008, 01:38 PM
WE actually had this exact same dilemma this year! We ended up with BWV b/c once we thought about how much time we were going to spend in the hotel it made more since to us to be within walking distance of two parks. We are going during the F&WF also, so we wanted to be nearer to EPCOT. Since you are going in December, there are a lot of Christmas things at both Epcot and DHS if you are planning at looking at it. Just my thoughts!

Septbride2002
05-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Really tough choice as I've stayed at both resorts, in standard views and had great times at both.

That being said - the highlight of AKL is the Savannah. Now we didn't have a Savannah view but we saw plenty of animals - there is lots of view spots. We loved the AKL more for the relaxed atmosphere, the cool pool, and the yummy food. Also for that vacation we prefered to be away from it all to relax a bit more. The Christmas decorations at AKL are probably my least favorite.

So if you want to stay away from it all, and enjoy the themeing more then the animals I would go with AKL.

The BWV - is in the middle of the action - walking distance to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios is tough to beat. Our standard view was of the front of the Boardwalk and we could watch Illuminations every night in the distance and typically could hear the music. There are standard views that are going to be of parking lots or blocked by trees - we were lucky. The Boardwalk is great at Christmas - think traditional ornaments, traditional music, traditional colors, and poinsettias as far as the eye can see. If you are looking for a more Christmassy hotel and one that is closer to the parks - BWV is the way to go.

~Amanda

pox24
05-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Both will have you looking over the parking lot, however the BMW might put you facing the Swan and Dolphin hotels which is not too bad. I would go BWV simply for its convenience to Epcot and the Studios.

KineGirl
05-09-2008, 04:10 PM
BWV is always a tough one for me ... while the location is ideal, its sooo noisy so late. Also while I really like the acts on the Boardwalk, when I return to my resort I want to get away from it "all" and other guests (or at least have the fascimile of). Its practically another attraction - thats open til after midnight! Even after the Boardwalk shuts down it hasnt been uncommon to hear JellyRollys until 2 am and then the guests clearing out until about 3 am. Ive never had a standard view however and dont know if that makes a difference. I think both resorts are worth a try but my personal preference between the 2 is AKV. I'll take the extra 10-15 min bus ride to the parks to keep in line with my idea of staying at a resort and getting away from it all.