PDA

View Full Version : My friends won a cool dream!

McGoofy
05-08-2008, 04:33 PM
I have two friends that are currently at Disney World. They have been there since this past Sunday. They called us yesterday to tell us as they were getting off of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, the dream team approached them. They pulled them aside to tell them that they had won an hour in the park after park closing. They were told to meet at the Galaxy Palace Theatre at 9:00pm. This morning he sent us a text mail to let us know what they did. There were only 1,000 people that won the same dream. They had a little ceremony for them and then let them loose in the park for one hour. EVERYTHING remained opened for them. They had a blast!!!:mickey:

My son said, "I would ride Space Mountain over and over." I said, "I would go straight to Peter Pan's Flight because there is almost always a 45 minute wait for that ride!!" However, you'd better believe I'd be trying to ride one of everything just to say I covered the park in just one hour!! Oh to dream....I'm going to rub my two friends like a good luck charm when I see them again this Sunday!!! I hope they save one small glimmer of pixie dust to share with me for when I go to WDW in 19 days!!!:magic::pixie::tink:

TennesseeTink
05-08-2008, 04:49 PM
WOW! That is awesome! :thumbsup:I haven't heard of that one. What a blast that would be! I'd love to walk straight onto Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain...the list goes on and on. I'd probably be exhausted from running all over the place trying to fit it all in but, boy, would it be worth it.:cloud9:

KylesMom
05-08-2008, 04:50 PM
How COOL is that???

BTW, I think my son would say the same thing as yours :D

kdbianchini
05-08-2008, 04:57 PM
That has to be the best dream to win!! well, besides a night in the castle! :thumbsup:

KineGirl
05-08-2008, 04:59 PM
:cool: SO cool! :cool:

TheMartellFamily
05-08-2008, 05:20 PM
This sound so cool. What great suprize they got and I bet they enjoyed every second of it.

brertosh
05-08-2008, 05:39 PM
That is amazing!! Cant wait to get mine in June....:cloud9:

LoriMistress
05-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Wow, they're doing that again?! I was wondering when they were doing that. I remember the first year of the YOAMD Disney would open the park for an hour longer for a handful of people. That's completely awesome.

Young@Heart
05-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Wow! What a great prize!

katzctkpt
05-08-2008, 08:21 PM
That has to be the best dream to win!! well, besides a night in the castle! :thumbsup:

:ditto: I was thinking the same thought. I'll keep my fingers crossed for our trip in Dec.

elmjimmlm
05-08-2008, 09:15 PM
I would stay at Philharmagic the entire time and watch it over and over...:smickey:

mickey&missy
05-08-2008, 09:31 PM
That's so cool! I truthfully don't know where I'd go first!

SgtTigger
05-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Very very very nice...............

Rub them once for me........... :D

:cop: :tigger:

crltkcagle
05-08-2008, 10:05 PM
How would my six year old say it? That is totally awesome dude!:thumbsup:

xoHelloKittyox
05-08-2008, 11:53 PM
I think that I'd ride Buzz, then Space moutian, followed by HM, then Splash Moutian, then POTC :)

Oh I WISH!:cool:

Mackflava99
05-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Basically i'd try to do everything- but i know thats impossible so , POC, Splash (twice) SM and HM
then whatever i have time for....

DISNEYLOVERS5
05-09-2008, 07:08 AM
What A Wonderful Dream To Win I Would Have Loved That

Diznee4Me
05-09-2008, 08:01 AM
That's awesome. They are so lucky!

I think I would ride Splash - get wet, ride BTMRR - get dry, ride Splash.....:D

Soul_Power
05-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Wow! That's an amazing dream! Ahh, how nice would that be?! Congrats to them! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
05-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Wow, what a great prize!! :mickey:

disneyfankev
05-09-2008, 06:48 PM
that's nice

princessjojo
05-09-2008, 07:00 PM
That would be so much fun! But knowing how I am, I would be so overcome by excitement I would spend the entire hour running in circles wondering what to do next...

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-09-2008, 09:47 PM
If I won that I would be in true commando mode trying to ride everything in that one hour. How great for your friends!

gmgdisneymom
05-09-2008, 10:38 PM
What a great prize! I haven't heard of that one. I would ride Space Mtn, my DS9 would ride Big Thunder Mtn. , my DD6 would ride Splash Mtn. and DH would go to Philharmagic. What Fun!

mrsgaribaldi
05-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Awesome:mickey:
We were there and once again we got nothing:thumbsup:We saw no one from the dream team as usual. I hope you guys have more luck when you go:magic::magic:

PiratesLifeForMe3
05-10-2008, 12:51 AM
My family and I and a couple of my sister's fellow cm friends won the hour extra in the park, but ours was at hollywood studios. At that park it wasn't really worth it, because with a little under a thousand people going (you could hear a lot of people talking about not going due to other plans or being too late) and everyone of them going to the only two thrill rides in the park, we only got about 2 rides on rock n' roller coaster and 4 on tower of terror. It wasn't that bad and we could've did more, but had we wanted to, but at Magic Kingdom this dream would be amazing.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-10-2008, 11:14 AM
:cool: That is great!! I have heard of that prize being awarded but it was in other parks. We would be so excited to get that in MK.
I am with the OP, I would head straight to Peter Pan!!:thumbsup:

HndrdPrcnt
05-10-2008, 11:34 AM
My evening would start with a tour of the mountain ranges - Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, & BTMRR. Then I would head to Buzz, Peter Pan & Mickey's Philharmagic.:mickey:

KAJUNKING
05-10-2008, 12:19 PM
i bet that hour would fly by

laward32
05-10-2008, 02:01 PM
That's awesome. We won the same thing when we were there in October. It was so cool because it was so nice to be able to walk through the park and and times nobody else be around you. When we got off of BTMRR right before the hour was up we were walking through Frontierland and there was nobody there but me and my two girls. It was really special.
I am glad that got to have that experience.:mickey:

Magic Smiles
05-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Awesome:mickey:
We were there and once again we got nothing:thumbsup:We saw no one from the dream team as usual. I hope you guys have more luck when you go:magic::magic:

We were there also. This was our 2 trip during YOAMD for a total of 29 days. I can still say that I have not even set eyes upon the dream team.

I have to say that this would be a great dream to win.

McGoofy
05-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Alright you guys...wish me a little pixie dust!! I saw my friend again last night, and I rubbed his arm and told him to give me any leftover pixie dust that he may have. I made my DH do the same thing while we were standing there!:magic::pixie::tink: We leave in 6 days. We have been quite a few times since YOMD started, and we have never been approached. This is going to be the trip....I hope!;):tink::D

ChipnDaleGal
05-23-2008, 10:19 AM
That is a very cool prize! I don't think I would waste time trying to go from ride to ride. If it was a nice evening I would just keep riding Splash over and over and over! :mickey:

DisneyFan1979
05-23-2008, 10:34 AM
We won a similar dream for Epcot when were there in March. It was great! We had to meet at the courtyard outside Mission Space after Illuminations. They gave us special buttons when we arrived and there was a DJ playing fun songs. At the start of event Mickey and Minnie arrived in their dream costumes in a Test Track Car, and along with a Disney castmember, they set off a few fireworks to officially start the event - it really made us feel so special. Since we were there during a non-busy time to start with we had already hit all the rides we wanted to that day. So we went on Soarin' and Test Track and then went back to the Mission Space Courtyard and took fun pictures dancing with Chip n' Dale.

I was so excited, because like many others who post here, this was the second trip during the 2 years of a million dreams and we had never seen the Dream Squad.

I hope that Disney continues the idea of the Million Dreams promotion indefinitely. Maybe they could just scale it down with occasional prizes. It's just such a special suprise to add to a vacation and really shows that Disney cares about their guests.