PDA

View Full Version : Carnation Cafe

joyce
05-08-2008, 03:59 PM
I just made PS for the carn. cafe for the first week in July for lunch. I didn't realize till the end of the conversation that the only seating is outside. I here the food is good, does that offset the heat??? Or should we look for an air conditioned CS??:confused:

ChipnDaleGal
05-08-2008, 04:13 PM
I ate there last July and it wasn't a problem. It is such a cool place to eat, right there on Main Street watching the people go by. I wouldn't change unless you are really concerned about heat. I think most, if not all, of the table have umbrellas over them to block the sun.

NotaGeek
05-08-2008, 04:24 PM
I just made PS for the carn. cafe for the first week in July for lunch. I didn't realize till the end of the conversation that the only seating is outside. I here the food is good, does that offset the heat??? Or should we look for an air conditioned CS??:confused:

I don't think that good food ever offsets heat. July temps are normally in mid-to high 80's (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115888). That's ideal temps for me, but the only other PS locations that have indoor service are Blue Bayou or Cafe Orleans -- and Cafe Orleans has much more outdoor service than indoor.

BronxTigger
05-08-2008, 08:23 PM
If you do something air conditioned before and then after, I don't think it should be too much of a problem. I had the potato soup and the pretzel bread sandwich and there wasn't a crumb left!

Cinderella_68
06-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Carnation Cafe is nestled between two buildings on Main Street. It has never been too hot to eat there for us! The food is very good, and the service has always been good, too.
The buildings offer shade, along with umbrellas. The only bad thing is that if it rains, the restaurant is closed for the day. :(

Marla
06-03-2008, 06:45 PM
I would eat there outside in July, no problem. Also, here is a little Disney FYI. The Carnation Cafe also employs the employee who has worked at Disneyland the longest! OSCAR, has worked at the Carnation Cafe since 1956, and has actually worked the same hours for all those years. I spoke with Oscar on my last trip in. He has decided to retire. But, he has been asked to please return on a part-time or what ever he wants basis. So, Oscar will be taking a couple of months off, and will return to greet us at the Carnation Cafe.:thumbsup::tink:

quest4dl
06-13-2008, 02:22 AM
We just ate there two days ago and even met Oscar! While the umbrellas provide quite a bit of shade they don't completely cover the area so you could end up in sun so it really depends on your heat tolerance. The service is quite fast though and the food is really fresh and tasty. :thumbsup:

mousecraz
07-02-2008, 04:05 AM
We think one of the best places to eat. We talked with him last Nov & Oscar mentioned he was going to retire after the first of this yr, He has been there 50 + yrs now. Visited with him many times and listened to his stories of Walt Disney and how much attention Walt paid to the details of the park & jotted notes in his book. We meet Oscar several yrs ago when my Wife asked for the recipe to the Baked Potato Soup and he came out & gave her a copy, discussed it with her & I took the opportunity to ask him about his career. He said he & his wife were going to travel after retirement. If you get a chance watch as he visits with the customers at the café. This man is what Disneyland is about and I am sure Walt Disney would agree.