PDA

View Full Version : DCA Priority seating for lunch/dinner

joyce
05-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Ok , where can we plan a lunch or dinner on the days we are at DCA for priority seating:mickey:??? We are arriving on 7/5 and know its going to be super busy. we are staying at DLH for 6 nights. i have some resv. at DL but none so far for DCA. we have 2 daughters 22 & 16. Thanks

BrerGnat
05-08-2008, 02:53 PM
There are only 3 TS restaurants at DCA.

The Vineyard Room is a FANCY (i.e. expensive) Italian inspired wine country cuisine. If you want to eat there, PS is highly recommended.

Wine Country Trattoria is a casual version of the Vineyard Room. Much more recognizable/basic Italian fare. It has stuff like lasagna, basic pasta dishes, salads, and panini. PS is not usually necessary, as this is sort of a "hidden" restaurant that not many people know about, but you can certainly make PS there for comfort.

Ariel's Grotto is a Princess Character meal. The food is "eh". Unless you are dying to eat with the princesses, I'd skip it.

As a general rule, DCA is never crowded, even during the 4th of July. On top of that, DCA has a lot of good CS restaurants, so many people never bother with the TS ones, although Wine Country Trattoria is VERY good.

I'd actually recommend Storyteller's Cafe in the GCH for lunch on a DCA day, if none of the above restaurants appeal to you. You can use the special entrance into GCH from DCA since you are hotel guests (even if you're not, anyone can use the entrance to get into the GCH from DCA, just not the other way around). Storyteller's is pretty good food and the restaurant itself, at lunchtime, is very cozy and peaceful.

joyce
05-09-2008, 02:27 PM
thanks for the info, i made ps at the wine county for dinner at 8:00 hoping for an outside table to catch the electric parade. (info i found on this site!!) with out girls 22 and 16 not really interested in char. meals.:mickey: