PDA

View Full Version : Princess and Pirates Party for Adults

Minnie4me
05-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Hi All,

DW, DS, and I will be heading down next week.

IF I can get tickets to P&P, is it worth it for 3 adults to go????

Opinions please.

Thanks!!

SBETigg
05-08-2008, 10:46 AM
If you want time in the MK without huge waits for rides, it's worth it. The atmosphere is very cool, and the parade and fireworks are worth it, too. I would say that unless you have an abundance of time in the MK and don't mind lines, and aren't into parades, it is definitely worth it. We were not into the characters or treasure hunt, but we did feel it was well worth it for us.

Belle_0717
05-08-2008, 01:23 PM
DH and I dressed up in March. I made the costumes. We were the only adults there either without kids. We got to see the parade but it was raining - no more like POURING BUCKETS! - so we missed the fireworks. But all in all it was great. Wish we could have spent more time.

Minnie4me
05-08-2008, 01:46 PM
DH and I dressed up in March. I made the costumes. We were the only adults there either without kids. We got to see the parade but it was raining - no more like POURING BUCKETS! - so we missed the fireworks. But all in all it was great. Wish we could have spent more time.

You were the only adults there without kids!!!

Was that a typo???

Aggie97
05-08-2008, 06:36 PM
My husband and I went in Jan. and had a great time. The parade is really cute; the fireworks are awesome! We did a couple character pictures and did hit the treasure spots as passed by them on the way to rides. We were able to ride everything we wanted that night with little to no wait. We did not wear costumes but enjoyed seeing other guests' costumes. :mickey:

Belle_0717
05-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Sorry it should say "weren't". I was so excited about the P&P Party that I don't always type correctly. I met Jack Sparrow - he is my boyfriend!:pirate:

PiratesLifeForMe3
05-10-2008, 12:56 AM
the fireworks alone are worth it if that is your thing. if its about riding then the lines are all ridiculously short so its worth it too.

mouseketeer mom
05-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Yep, yep yep!!! Totally worth it, I don't see it as a kids event alone! The fireworks are the best I have ever seen in my life. All ages and walks of life attend. Not just those with kids.:pirate:

joanna71985
05-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Totally worth it! I have gone to 3, and hope to go to 1-2 more in May/June. They are a lot of fun. The parade is cute, the fireworks are amazing, and I love seeing all the rare characters.

Duchess99
05-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Definitely worth it! The lines are really short...we rode Buzz 4 times in a row without getting off!
The fireworks are amazing...make sure you see them!

beksy
05-12-2008, 12:32 PM
:party:Go, go, go!!! My sis and I went by ourselves in February and had a great time. We loved seeing all the costumes and the fireworks were awesome! The parade was cool too and we didn't have to wait for anything (worth the admission price alone!) We did some treasure hunting and characters but not much but we still have some of the best memories of the trip from that party!

Disney Doll
05-12-2008, 01:23 PM
I think adults get a better deal than families. Many families seem to leave after the first parade and fireworks because their kids are tiring out. The later you stay the smaller and smaller the crowds get. We went Feb '07 and LOVED it! We walked on every ride with no wait. The parade and fireworks were also very good. I highly recommend it to anyone.

SurferStitch
05-14-2008, 12:24 PM
DH and I were at the party on May 9th. It was wonderful!

Definitely the best fireworks we've ever seen. The parade was excellent...it was nice to see live horses throughout the parade. It was also great to have Tink in the parade!

We got some rare/hard to find character pics, too....Peter Pan and Wendy, Jack Sparrow, Mickey/Pluto together and Goofy/Donald together dressed as pirates, Alien Stitch (antennas, spikes, space suit....the works!!), Minnie and Daisy as princesses....:cloud9:.

We would definitely do it again. We don't do a lot of rides during the parties, but we walked onto Peter Pan, Snow White, Dumbo, Jungle Cruise, 5 minute wait for PotC....nice.

I wore a cute black lace corset style top (short sleeved), bought a pair of pirate Mickey ears (pink), wore skull/crossbone jewelry, and did my makeup very smoky to look pirate-y. DH bought the Goofy pirate ears, and looked great. It was fun to dress up a little. It was a pretty warm night, so I'm glad we didn't go overboard. I don't know how some people managed to wear full costumes. :confused:

kbean
05-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah it is. Ya gotta do it.

Tegrigg
05-15-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm so glad that it is so good. I have one little princess and 2 pirates, that can not wait for this event. We will be there on May 26th. I can't wait!!
8th trip May 08 Poly

DakotaDisney
05-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Definitely!

I was there by myself and I had a great time!

The ride lines were really short.

The entertainment was fun, although I didn't watch much of it other than the parade.

The parade was fun. Even looking for the treasure spots was kind of fun. Talking like a pirate with the kids and others was fun. Just have fun and play along with the night.

The fireworks were awesome!!!!! Better than Wishes and I think they were my favorite fireworks of the whole trip.

I also enjoyed how lots of people got dressed up, kids and adults. I was suprised, by the number of adults dressed up. It was cute to see parents dressed up with their kids. I didn't dress up other than the pirate mickey ears I purchased earlier at MK. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to wear them, but when I saw all the others I had fun taking part.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-28-2008, 01:37 PM
. I met Jack Sparrow - he is my boyfriend!:pirate:

But, he asked ME to marry him!!
(And of course I said YES!)