PDA

View Full Version : The disney magazine,remember?

goofiecrazy
05-08-2008, 10:36 AM
I was cleaning out some stuff and found a old Disney magazine in the stuff from 2004.Anybody get these?Remember they only came 4 times a year.I loved these magazines and really miss them.Just reading what was new and the other things they put in them.Why did they stop putting them out?

Polynesian Dweller
05-08-2008, 12:20 PM
I sure do. Still have my last copy and really wish they'd consider bringing it back.

Don't know absolutely what the reason was but it never sold well on the magazine racks in stores. It was likely a vicitm of economics during the Eisner years as were several other publications.

But it was unique and I would gladly pay to get it again. :mickey:

baby minnie's mommy
05-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Oh, yes, I really miss those! I'm sure my 3-yr-old DD would have enjoyed them. She loves our WDW souvenir book. :mickey:

I've noticed the email newsletters from Disney are a lot like what you'd get in the magazine. Articles, personal stories, "Ask Dave," sweepstakes news, etc. I wonder if that replaced the paper version.

Disney-4-Me
05-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Disney Magazine was replaced by Intercot! ;)

This is where I come for updates and the latest information!:high5:

d_m_n_n
05-10-2008, 07:08 PM
I was so disappointed when they stopped printing the Disney Magazine. Between that and the Disney Adventure Magazine I've got a Family Fun subscription until :confused: . Sadly, I wish they would have just returned my $$$. My boys are getting to the age where we rarely find much in the Family Fun. I read it once and recycle it. :(

LauraleeH
05-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I've noticed the email newsletters from Disney are a lot like what you'd get in the magazine. Articles, personal stories, "Ask Dave," sweepstakes news, etc. I wonder if that replaced the paper version.
I believe it did...that's what I heard, anyways. Still, it doesn't even compare.

I miss the magazine. Everything is too electronic these days. I don't want to open an e-mail, I want to enjoy my magazine!

Mickey91
05-12-2008, 09:02 PM
We just found ours! It is awesome having them to read again. I remember waiting and waiting for each one to come out and devouring them cover to cover. My favorite column was Ask Dave!!:mickey:

tinkwest
05-12-2008, 09:29 PM
I LOVED the Disney Magazine and absolutely voiced my opinion to Disney through letters and emails. Never had a single response which made me even more mad. I get Family Fun instead now which I do not want and have written and emailed asking to discontinue its delivery. No word back, still get the magazine. It goes straight to recycle. Don't see how this is more economical. Sending magazines to people who don't want or need them. (Can you tell I'm still upset about the whole thing?!)

Harley-Davidson_Guy
05-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Yep, and they were in the hotels when you stayed there. I found ours last month and pulled them out for the kids to read on the way to FL. It was cool reading about the "New" theme park Animal Kingdom.:party2: