PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass "turn in" question

Gregandmel
05-08-2008, 09:42 AM
We went to Disney 11 years ago (before FP - oh MY!!!) so we haven't had the experience with FP yet. We are planning a trip in October and here is my question. When you receive your FP and it has a designated time frame on it (for example: 1:05pm - 2:05pm) who do you give those passes to? Is there an attendant that you hand them over to to "prove" you are there at the right time? What happens if you show up at 2:15pm with an "expired" FP (due to the fact you were on the other side of the park and couldn't run fast enough, etc..). Do they look at them to make sure you are there between the right times? Do they turn you away if you barely missed the cut-off? I was just curious how it all works once you get inside with your FP. Thank you!!!!

biodtl
05-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Once you get to the front of the FP line, a CM will collect the FP.

MickeyMousse
05-08-2008, 09:50 AM
You will hand over your FP tickets to a CM at the entrance of the ride. Honestly, depending on the ride and how busy they were I have seen CM's examine the tickets like there was no tomorrow and some that don't even glance at them! We've never tried to use an expired FP, but have seen people who have been flatly turned away due to that.

MickeyMomof2
05-08-2008, 11:44 AM
It has been my experience that you cannot ride before your FP time, but they are looser with the return time. We have never been turned away for being late.

Coach48
05-08-2008, 12:02 PM
I agree with the earlier post.Don't be early but we have arrived 20-30 min late and still been accomodated.

Polynesian Dweller
05-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Just to be a bit more specific for the OP about where do you turn them in, there is a sign at the entrance to each attraction indicating the Fast Pass return line and the time. You can enter the FP return line once the clock has reached or passed your first return time. The CM at the entrance to the FP return line will look to make sure you can enter. I have definitely seen them stop people trying to enter early.

Figment!
05-08-2008, 01:16 PM
See also the Fastpass (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../themeparks/tickets/fastpass/default.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central for other info and tips. :mickey:

NJDad
05-09-2008, 07:15 AM
Just to spell it out simply:

You show your fastpasses to a CM at the start of the FP line. They check the time and the number of FPs.

You then pass all those poor people in the other line and at some point come to another CM near the end of the line. That CM takes your FPs and you enjoy the attraction.

This eliminates the potential linecutting that some yahoos try where they hop into the FP line from the other line somewhere after the entrance and the ride itself.

MuchLovedMama
05-09-2008, 07:15 AM
I have the Unofficial Guide to WDW & I just read this week in it somewhere that states CMs are not supposed to turn anybody away due to a ticket expiring. If your ticket says 1:05-2:05 then as long as you went any time after 1:05 til park close then you were supposed to be permitted. It said if a CM turns you away then get back in like like 15-30 mins later & there would probably be another CM that would let you in. Don't know how true this is but it's the 2008 guide book.

#1donaldfan
05-10-2008, 08:36 PM
once you return to ride, you enter the FP line and once near the front / loading area a CM will get your pass......:mickey:

Flash
05-10-2008, 08:43 PM
I've been able to get in hours later than the stated ending time on the FP. Don't fret being late, it's the early that will make you wait - and they are VERY strict about the start time.

JPL
05-10-2008, 08:56 PM
They have been getting strict with return times on certain rides but it depends on the CM taking the FPs. I have been turned away on Soarin and I was only 5 minutes late.

brertosh
05-11-2008, 05:24 AM
I know at DLR we have never been turned away for being late!! Never! I am glad I am reading this I will have to be careful now in June for our first visit to the World!

SpecJoe Magic
05-11-2008, 07:31 AM
They have been getting strict with return times on certain rides but it depends on the CM taking the FPs. I have been turned away on Soarin and I was only 5 minutes late.

I think the extreme popularity of Soarin' causes Disney to be much more strict about return times. It seems to be the exception rather than the rule. Isn't it the only attraction that distributes Fastpasses on each minute as opposed to every five minutes? For example, I seem to recall that a time window on Soarin' can be 2:02 - 3:02 but any other attraction can be either 2:00 - 3:00 or 2:05 - 3:05 but nothing in between.

butterfly18237
05-11-2008, 10:53 AM
when I went in december with my parents, best friend and son. We had gotten our fastpasses for splash mountain and the time was long enough for us to adventure into other parts of the park. So we split up and said we will come back. So my best friend, son and I went on other rides and my parents went their way to ride some. My parents then decided to jump on splash. Our plan we to switch off my son after they were done riding so my best friend and I can enjoy it. Well it was coming to the end of our fast pass time. And we were worried. So we asked a cast member. And she told us they have to let us go on after the fast pass time.

So long story short. I would take that as long as you have a fast pass you can get on the ride anywhere from the start fast pass time until the park closes.
Also my best friend had gone in May and used this to her full advantage. And had no problem she told me she had two or three fastpasses at one time. Even for Soarin.

Hope this help and I didnt confuse anyone.

chelly4568
05-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Whatever ride you get a fastpass for go back at the designated time (1:10-2:10) and there will be a fastpass line. Get in that line and there will be person that works at that line that collects your fastpass!!:mickey:

dsnyfan001
05-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Hello

About those FP's when you get them they will have a time on them telling you to come back at that certain time example 1:20-2:20... you give them to an attendant before you get into the FP line. Here is a hint hint for you.... I talked to several cast members about these wonderful little tickets and even if you cant make it back at the time it says they are good for the rest of the day... so say you missed that time and its after 2:20.. you can use that pass after that time anyways. I got wind of that a few years ago, I was so upset we had stood in line too long for one ride, and I didnt want to miss the ride we had a fastpass for, a cast member overheard me saying that and they told me its ok just go back to that ride and they will accept it! That was so cool! :thumbsup: Have fun when you go you will see how easy it is to use them!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-11-2008, 08:58 PM
They almost always accept it after the end time. I think that's mostly because of rides going down all the time and it may have happened during your return time. So they don't expect you to stand there indefinitely until the ride comes back up so you can use your fast pass. We've never been turned away if it was the same day.

jsw123
05-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Only tried it one time. My DH and my brother-in-law had fast passes for Mission Space. They'd missed the time by 5 minutes --- AND --- DBIL(?) had left his in the car!!!! They explained and were let in No problem. Maybe on a more crowded ride/ day. This was July last year.:mickey:

Tick-Tock
05-12-2008, 02:20 PM
It may depend on how crowded/busy it is. Our friends who were there the week of Thanksgiving last year said they had no problems early in the week entering after the FP window, but as the holiday approached (and the crowds picked up) CMs started getting strict about not letting people in after the window expired.

Imagineer1981
05-12-2008, 02:36 PM
It has been my experience that you cannot ride before your FP time, but they are looser with the return time. We have never been turned away for being late.

you will never have a problem being late, just early. Imagine if you got stuck on a ride or your child got sick..there are a million reasons you could be late and Disney will not cause a conflict because of it

stitcherbelle
06-11-2008, 12:44 PM
There is a fastpass line and a person stands at the door and checks the tickets! If it is too early they will ask you to wait, but if it is to late then i think they give about 10-15 minutes to get there, but honestly i don't know cause i have never been late!:mickey:

irish1967
06-12-2008, 07:55 AM
I always figured that if certain conditions are met (depending mostly on crowd levels) then the decision would be made to enforce return times on the fastpasses on an idividual attraction by attraction basis.

The fastpass system is designed to work most efficiently when people enter the queue during their return time. So that is what we always strive to do.

dsnyfan001
06-12-2008, 08:01 AM
I talked to a cast member and that person told me that you really can come as late as you want, they give you certain times to keep crowds and a normal level for us to actually get on the ride quicker. But if your fast pass was at 11:00-12:00 you could come back at 2:00 if you wanted, I did it all last year, when we found that out our trip was much more relaxed. Last year we were given all these fast passes by another tourist, we didnt know what to do with them because we already had fastpasses for another ride, so I asked a cast member and they told me that I could come back at any given time they use those times to keep the crowd levels at a minimum, or else we would be waiting in line just as long!! I had no probs wit coming back at diff times its pretty cool that they do that!