PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the World right now?

chick20679
05-08-2008, 07:06 AM
How are the crowds? We leave tomorrow morning and were wondering what to expect.
We've never been in May before (or for Mother's Day for that matter).
Has anyone been this time of year before and know what to expect?
TIA! :mickey:

lockedoutlogic
05-08-2008, 07:21 AM
I think technically we're all in "the world".....

Disney World?

I would think the crowds will be very heavy this weekend....very heavy.....

as will the dining

chick20679
05-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Well, we already have all of our ADR's so we should be all set on that front. :thumbsup:
I was looking more for an estimate on crowds from folks that have been this time of year or are there right now.
I have read that early May is a good time to go, but wondered if Mother’s Day bumped up crowds at all (I'm sure it does, but wondered by how much). Again, TIA. :mickey:

myhappyplace
05-08-2008, 07:49 AM
We leave Saturday! YEAH!!! We went same time last year, not bad at all, even though it was Mothes day. Now understand, my sister and I go through this all the time, everyone has there own opinion of what is crowded and what is not. My daughter and I love this time of year. To us it is just right. I am so excited, have a magical trip.

Buttercup
05-08-2008, 08:34 AM
My sister (jennsky on intercot) is there right now, and I'm going down this weekend to meet up with her.
I talked to her yesterday on the phone, and she hadn't been to the parks yet but was talking to other resort guests. They told her that it wasn't too bad at all. Expedition Everest and the Safari both had a standby wait of around 40 minutes, everything else was around 10 minutes.
She's going to Magic Kingdom this morning and Animal Kingdom this afternoon so hopefully she's having fun right now! Lucky duck!

McGoofy
05-08-2008, 04:19 PM
I have 2 friends that are there right now. They called us yesterday and told us that it has not been very crowded at all. (They arrived on Sunday.) Well, the main reason they called us is to tell us that they won a dream. I'm getting ready to share that in another post! :mickey: But to stay on track with your post...they also sent us some pictures. They had been to MK, Epcot, and AK so far. In the background to all of their photos the places all looked pretty barren to me. I hope you have a good time on your trip!:mickey: