PDA

View Full Version : RV Looking

Grumpy Grandpa
05-07-2008, 05:58 PM
How many of you who stay at FW walk or ride your golf cart around to look at all the different RV's? Either to admire or to get a idea for future purchases. When we are there I am always looking at all of the varieties of RV on the market these days. Just curious. Becouse FW is so big and one of the best RV parks in the US in my opinion there is so much to look at.

RJAMV5
05-07-2008, 11:35 PM
We do this at every campground we go to. It's like going to an RV show except you get to see them in use. Some are realistic for us and of course there are those that are nothing but a dream!!!

Mulan
05-08-2008, 09:41 AM
People who camp are a different kind of breed. I believe they are friendlier. Campers are easier to stop and talk to. There is a common relationship between campers. We've invited people in to look at our campers and been invited into others. It's fun to talk about everything from the campers, to what's for dinner to where they are from and their trip there. I love to walk around and look at how people decorate their outside. You can get some good ideas!

fysh
05-08-2008, 11:25 AM
We do this at every campground we go to. It's like going to an RV show except you get to see them in use.

:ditto: Us too :thumbsup:

:fish:

Camping Mom
05-09-2008, 10:50 PM
So do we!!! In fact, I am not a big walker, but when we go camping, I love to walk the loops to see what everyone has. We still have a pull trailer (DH wants to sell and pay off bills and buy another in a few years...so far we haven't) and most people are driving the big rigs at Disney. I love to see their yard art and decorations and get new ideas.

Campers ARE friendlier!!!

gmgdisneymom
05-09-2008, 10:54 PM
We just started camping two years ago and are already on our second RV. The best part of camping is talking to the other campers and getting their opinions on different things. I LOVE looking at other RVs and dreaming of what I am going to spend my retirement living in!

medic9016
05-10-2008, 12:43 PM
We do at all the places we go that allow golf carts.

ibrowse17
05-11-2008, 09:50 AM
We always explore the loops with our cart. Part of the magic at FW is to see what people travel in, and how they decorate their site.:thumbsup:

NJ Camper
05-11-2008, 11:38 PM
We also tour the loops ,we love looking at all the diferent rigs from tents to very large class A's not to mention the decorations there is some really creative people that have some large Xmas display's hopefully when we go this year in oct they have some great halloween displays also

tinae159
05-12-2008, 03:32 PM
We always ride around the loops and check out everyones set up. On the other board I belong to, we call it "looping" It is so much fun.

Jasper
05-12-2008, 03:41 PM
We also love to go looping whenever we camp and even though we have never camped at Disney World we still have taken a bus or boat to the campgrounds and just walked around looking at the sites and having fun with all the campers.

I agree that campers are a different kind of person who are trusting and enjoys visiting with others of a similar mind set. The only down side that I have ever seen to this "trusting" nature of many campers is that we all tend to leave more valuable items out on the tables or tucked under the rigs than we should and sometimes are just asking to have things stolen. Fortunately though most of the time you can leave just about anything out and not have to give it a second thought.

LONESTAR
05-13-2008, 08:41 PM
We always ride around the loops and check out everyones set up. On the other board I belong to, we call it "looping" It is so much fun.

You beat me to it. Yes its called looping and its great:mickey:

jonahbear2006
07-02-2008, 04:27 PM
I personally, can't imagine ever having an RV. It just seems to ruin the whole experience for me. Plus the extra cost and all. I do like to look though. They do have some fancy things nowadays. I kind of like The Focker's RV, off meet the fockers. thats fabulous. In that case, I will take one, but again, the cost, and the gas, and it sitting in my driveway. Maybe when I retire I'll sell my home and just live in it. :-D