PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Cars

Gator
05-07-2008, 04:16 PM
I've never really looked for bumper cars at WDW. Do they have any? If there's more than one place, which is the best? My DD will really enjoy them now that she's big enough.

joanna71985
05-07-2008, 04:24 PM
I've never really looked for bumper cars at WDW. Do they have any? If there's more than one place, which is the best? My DD will really enjoy them now that she's big enough.

There is no bumper-car ride at WDW.

Probably the closest thing would be the Speedway at MK.

Gator
05-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Nooooooo. They have some at DisneyLand based on A Bug's Life. They're shaped like lady bugs. I was hoping WDW would have something like it.

Taja
05-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Nope. Not at WDW.

That's what makes it interesting visiting the two resorts. I grew up and with Disneyland, so that was familiar territory to me and WDW was "different." Now I visit WDW more often than Disneyland/CA, so those have become the anomaly. *LOL*

If you just accept each resort for what it is, you will find lots of magic.

Even without bumper cars! :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-07-2008, 04:46 PM
No bumper cars, but they have those gocart type cars at MK my son really enjoyed when he was younger

Tick-Tock
05-07-2008, 05:50 PM
There's a bumper-car-like thing at DisneyQuest in DTD. You're inside car-capsules and one person is driving and the other is in charge of shooting "ammunition" (like kickballs) at other cars. When a ball hits a certain spot on your car, it makes your car spin around.

disney323
05-08-2008, 06:33 AM
yes and no, the cars at disneyuest are like enclosed bumber cars with a ball canon that you can shoot at the other cars. You can bump the cars or shoot them. Fun but they move slow.

katzctkpt
05-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Nope, no bumper cars and as stated above the closest thing would be Indy Speedway. They kinda feel like a bumper car to me. I can't maneuver them very well to avoid hitting the track thing they run on. I'd rather they be like go carts.

#1donaldfan
05-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Sorry, none there at WDW.....:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
05-08-2008, 10:13 AM
1) Yes.
2) It is called the MK parking lot after Wishes.

minnie1956
05-08-2008, 09:42 PM
You " Crack" me up!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Disnamic Duo
05-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster at Disney Quest IS bumper cars - only better. Like a couple posters above said, the cars have the cannons. But, the cars themselves are just like bumper cars. They work the same way (electricity), and they steer the same way. The twist is that you can have your car disabled (temporarily; you spin uncontrollably) if you get hit just right by someone else's cannon (rubber) ball. The floor space is a little cramped, but that's intentional, so it's difficult to avoid others. It's a hoot!

Gator
05-09-2008, 03:16 PM
1) Yes.
2) It is called the MK parking lot after Wishes.

Classic.:)

Disney_Barbie
05-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Hey, this just made me think, you know what I would LOVE. If @ the Boardwalk they put in some like classic Carnivel rides like a ferris wheel and bumber cars or merry-go-round. I think that would be really neat. Of course, it would have to be like a ticketed thing, but still. I think I would totally love to like do a ferris wheel ride, during our stroll thru the Boardwalk!

WelshieLover
05-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Disney_Barbie:
The first time we stayed over at the Beach Club, the Boardwalk was not yet built. They had signs and posters for the soon to be built Boardwalk. The posters showed Ferris Wheels and other rides along with a hotel. It is too bad they did not actually build it the way the posters showed. Then it would have really been a lot like the real Boardwalks on the Jersey shore!

coachgoofy
05-12-2008, 10:39 PM
I may be odd, but I believe that bumper cars would destroy the magic of WDW. The only thing in the whole place that dissipoints me is dino land in AK. The primal whril and its surrondings has the feel of a carnival and IMO is out of place in WDW. I truly believe that if uncle Walt were alive, the imanagieers who thought this area up would be having a magical day standing in the unemployment line. Sorry, but if you will notice there is a two lane road that runs threw this area, it looks as if they said lets save some $$, and place these attactions in the middle of an unsued portion of the parking lot. Don't get me wrong bumper cars are cool, but lets leave them at the county fair.:thumbsup:

Capt. Sparrow
05-13-2008, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=coachgoofy;1627912]The only thing in the whole place that dissipoints me is dino land in AK. The primal whril and its surrondings has the feel of a carnival and IMO is out of place in WDW.[QUOTE]

I agree, it does feel out of place. But, primal whirl is stil a TON of fun!!!

The closest thing to bumper cars would be the Indy Speedway at the MK. My father and I would make my brother drive the car in between us, I would then drive slow so my brother would have to slow down, then my father would hit his car from behind (kids don't try this at home). Always made for a good time and a good laugh.

KAJUNKING
05-13-2008, 12:11 PM
although i wouldnt want to see bumper cars in the parks, as one of the previous posters stated i think it would be great out at the boardwalk :mickey:

Gator
05-13-2008, 03:57 PM
I may be odd, but I believe that bumper cars would destroy the magic of WDW. The only thing in the whole place that dissipoints me is dino land in AK. :

You know what else would ruin WDW? An attraction that takes a fiberglass cart, raises it up in the air, and goes around and around. There at every carnival I've seen and they're so tacky. But wait. If you make it look like Dumbo or Alladin's Carpet, it will be fine at WDW. Why? Because it's themed. I'm not saying throw bumper cars in the middle of Main Street. I say pick a theme for the rides like they have done countless times and add a new, fun attraction for kids. It works at California Adventure.

joonyer
05-14-2008, 05:23 PM
. . . The only thing in the whole place that dissipoints me is dino land in AK. The primal whril and its surrondings has the feel of a carnival and IMO is out of place in WDW. I truly believe that if uncle Walt were alive, the imanagieers who thought this area up would be having a magical day standing in the unemployment line. Sorry, but if you will notice there is a two lane road that runs threw this area, it looks as if they said lets save some $$, and place these attactions in the middle of an unsued portion of the parking lot. . . .

Well, uhmmm, the two lane road you referred to in Dinoland is actually a designed part of the imagineering of Dinoland. That area was specifically built and designed (like almost every other detail in WDW) to create the atmosphere that the designers were seeking, which in this case was exactly how you have perceived it . . .a roadside carnival.
That's not to say the Walt would have approved, I don't presume to know if he would have or not. And I do find that area to be a little tacky and cheesy, especially the "pay-to-play" game booths, which I consider a rip-off, but I also understand that's part of the effect that the Imagineers were going after, and I guess they achieved it.
But I think the Primeval Whirl coaster is a blast! My family loves that ride.
And to get back on topic, that carnival area would be a good location for bumper cars, there or in the boardwalk resort area as others have mentioned.

Mousemates
05-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Dittos on liking the idea of carnival rides and a big ferris wheel at the boardwalk (maybe like the one with the sliding cars at California Adventure). It would seem to plus/enhance the theming of the area, thou I'm not sure how the rides in this area would produce revenue for the company since its outside of the apy to enter zone.

dizknee531
05-16-2008, 12:56 AM
yes and no, the cars at disneyuest are like enclosed bumber cars with a ball canon that you can shoot at the other cars. You can bump the cars or shoot them. Fun but they move slow.That's as about as close as you will get. maybe it's a safety issue.:confused:

joonyer
05-16-2008, 12:40 PM
If it's just a safety issue, then Disney ought to get rid of the Tomorrowland Speedway (which I think they ought to get rid of for other reasons anyway, but that's another topic) I'm surprised there isn't a line of people waiting to file suit against Disney for whiplash injuries after getting rammed from behind on that ride.