PDA

View Full Version : Best Mother Day Gifts?

Gooftroop5
05-07-2008, 01:44 PM
With Mother's Day coming this Sunday I thought I'd ask. (Maybe remind those that forgot?:blush:)

1.) What was the best gift you ever received/gave?
2.) What would you think is the best gift would be to receive/give?
3.) Does your dh (or those dh's out there reading this) give you a mother's day gift or does he feel he doesn't need to give you a gift because you are not his mother?

Gooftroop5
05-07-2008, 01:59 PM
1.) Best gift ever recived is each year dd makes a photo magnet. they do this at school. They take the kids pictures & each year it is something new. I usually take my mom out for breakfast or cook dinner for her. She doesnt' have to do anything for it just show up & enjoy.(also keeps my dad out of the doghouse for not cooking & cleaning up. :D)

2.) Best gift to receive is just spending time as a family. Not waking up Monday morning after Mother's day & seeing a messy kitchen & sink full of dirty dishes from dh & kids cooking all my meals for me would be nice too. Also anything the kids make homemade cards, drawings, beaded necklace etc.

3.) Dh has given me a Mother's day gift since I was pg with dd 10 years ago. Usually its flowers I've picked out for the flower garden that year but hey I don't need anything else. I didn't become a mom for the gifts.

Dakota Rose
05-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Best gift I ever received was a locket from DH and DS when DS was a baby. DH always gets me something. :) He's very sweet that way. :)

Disney Doll
05-12-2008, 03:10 PM
This year I received flowers and a DIY stepping stone kit for the garden. I thought the stepping stone kit was really special. It was inexpensive and it is something kids could make. The gifts I like best are the thoughtful ones that have some sentimental value.

SBETigg
05-12-2008, 03:21 PM
1.) Best gift this year was pictures from my daughter. She's fourteen and she won't let me take any pictures of her. She hates pictures. But when she was in NYC with her friends (to play at Carnegie Hall, she's a violinist), they took all kinds of great pictures of each other and she sent me a surprise email with all the digital photos.

2.) I prefer to receive heartfelt gifts, something specially made or that they know will have special significance to me. As they get older, the gift of spending time with me is the best they can give. I will miss having them not living at home with me. Most of the time. ;)

3.) The DH cleans the house and takes care of all the mundane stuff for the entire Mother's Day weekend. When the kids were little, he used to give me some very nice gifts along with their homemade stuff, but not now that they are old enough to handle things on their own. Cleaning the house and keeping up with tasks is the best thing he could give me, anyway! :D

azdisneymom
05-12-2008, 09:01 PM
1) Best gift ever recieved was this year. DS moved out on his own and will be leaving for the military in a few weeks. Spent the whole day just hanging out at home with me. :D

2) Best gift to receive is time with the kids. No meals out, no gifts, just time being with them. Oh yes, not having to cook. :blush:

4) DH never has given me a gift.

MsMin
05-13-2008, 10:34 AM
1. the best gifts are those from the kids hands even though they are older. My dd framed a picture she had taken and the others gave me gifts w/ lots of thought.
2. We prepared most of the dinner the day before for my mom b/c my dad has been so sick:( The kids helped.
3. I'm a single mom but got a card from a wife of one of my son's friends (she calls me momma Beth b/c I have been like a second mom to her since her mom passed away and they stayed w/ us after the hurricane) Both my dd's bf's brought me presents even though they both went home to visit their own moms. One brought me flowers and the other brought me a huge jar of homemade salsa. Very thoughtful.
I had a very lovely weekend.

SBETigg
05-13-2008, 10:55 AM
3. I'm a single mom but got a card from a wife of one of my son's friends (she calls me momma Beth b/c I have been like a second mom to her since her mom passed away and they stayed w/ us after the hurricane) Both my dd's bf's brought me presents even though they both went home to visit their own moms. One brought me flowers and the other brought me a huge jar of homemade salsa. Very thoughtful.
I had a very lovely weekend.

Aw, that's so sweet that the dd's friends brought you presents, too.

Flower
05-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Awe everyone, sounds like you all had a beautiful weekend!

1.) What was the best gift you ever received/gave?
Last year my older sons adoption became final the Friday before mothers day, plus his baby brother (my biological child) was here to celebrate, so it was a very special mothers day for me with my 2 boys.

2.) What would you think is the best gift would be to receive/give?
My 2 boys are truly the best gift, unless a third child was to come along :wink: I really just want their hugs and kisses

3.) Does your dh (or those dh's out there reading this) give you a mother's day gift or does he feel he doesn't need to give you a gift because you are not his mother?
My DH took our oldest son to Home Depot Friday night to get building materials for the playground we put in the backyard this weekend. They came home with a bunch of annuals for me for mothers day - my son picked them all out and he helped me plant them. He is 4 and was so proud of all of it that it just really struck me "I am a mom!" What a wonderful weekend we had, all of our family came over Sunday afternoon for a BBQ to celebrate moms day - it was wonderful. Oh, and the annuals were much better than an expensive bundle of roses that would die within the week. This way I will pass my garden all summer long and know it was from my boys!