PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary -garden wing room?

minnie-mouse
05-07-2008, 10:44 AM
We are planning on booking a room at CR, but have not stayed there in 15 years! Any suggestions, tips, reviews?

We have two small children 4 and 2, are are hoping they will like it. DH & I love the convenience of being on the monorail to MK.

Mulan
05-07-2008, 12:00 PM
We've stayed in the North Garden Wing and truely loved it. We were able to have our balcony face the parking lot. Many people would think of this as bad, but it was nice because we could see the fireworks at night from MK. Our kids could even lay in bed and watch them. We rarely took the monorail to MK. It was a shorter walk. But it is nice to ride it to EPCOT. We also liked our location because it was quick and easy to get to the food court.

Figment!
05-07-2008, 12:07 PM
The only Garden Wing now available is South.

The North Garden Wing has been demolished and is in the process of being replaced by a second tower.

Mulan
05-07-2008, 12:17 PM
I forgot about hearing about that. It's a shame, but I'm sure there still will be some great views!

KylesMom
05-07-2008, 03:32 PM
My family truly enjoys the Garden Wing rooms at The Contemporary. The greatest benefit for us was to be able to walk to and from the MK at any time. That and the size of the room - it was HUGE! We found that in the mid-afternoon the monorail was very convenient to quickly return to the room and rest since it's the first stop. Both of our stays in the wing rooms (both N & S) were great experiences and one I hope we're able to repeat some day.

On our last visit, we had a pool view room overlooking Bay Lake in the South Wing, and it was absolutely wonderful.

The Electric Water Pageant will pass by each evening, be sure to see it! If you haven't snagged a reservation at Chef Mickey's yet, be sure to do so when your ADR window opens up. It's also wonderful to be able to monorail to the other resorts for dining, so set something up at The Poly or GF! You can also rent a pontoon boat & go cruisin' around the lake with the kids for awhile.

If you're too tuckered in the evening to actually go to the MK, walk to the 4th floor observation deck in the Tower to view the fireworks. :mickey: I'm certain you'll have a magical time!

Patty
05-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Has the Garden Wing been refurbished too, or just the tower?

wdwfansince75
05-07-2008, 10:47 PM
We stayedin the South Garden Wing in June of 2006, in a newly renovated room. Rooms are large, and comfortable. All rooms have refrigerators. Only downside is artsy sinks....rectangular and flat-bottomed....and no counter space in bathrooms....

Contemporary is great for families with children of all ages.....great location and transportation.....for a relaxing break, go back to the room in the early afternoon, than, after naps, have an early dinner ADR at Trails End....take the boat to FW, enjoy the buffet at TE, and take the boat to the MK....TE is the best family food value among the table service resturants at WDW. And all kids love the boat rides!

moe513
05-08-2008, 08:16 AM
I think these rooms are large too.

mouseketeer mom
05-08-2008, 08:32 AM
We stayed in the tower during our last stay there in November, however, I thought the garden wing rooms seemed like a hidden gem. They were right by the pool and bay lake. It was so very pretty in that area. The walk inside to food or monorail was nothing. No big deal at all. I think you are making a good choice!