PDA

View Full Version : What are the Chances?........

crltkcagle
05-07-2008, 09:46 AM
That a restaurant I am trying to get into in September will become available? They are booked up as of now. Should I try calling everyday to see if there has been a cancellation?

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-07-2008, 10:12 AM
September might be tricky, especially with the free dining being offered.

That being said, people do cancel all the time, especially if it is a place that has a deposit or credit card guarantee.

I would keep calling, be flexible as to date and time, and you just might get lucky!

I would book another place, that you'd like to try, so you have somewhere to eat...just don't forget to cancel it if you get the place you really want.

Kairi_7378
05-07-2008, 10:24 AM
I would keep trying, and be flexible with your dining times. Maybe you can try for a lunch instead of a dinner, or eat a little later, etc. People do cancel, especially within 45 and within 10 days of their stays. Several people were able to get into restaurants during free dining by being very persistent about calling last year. I agree that you should make an alternate reservation soon, just so you have some where to eat. Good luck!

crltkcagle
05-07-2008, 10:28 AM
I am trying to get into Ohanas for dinner. I told them any night would do for my entire stay but they only thing they have available is 9:20. My kids are young and that is way too late for them. I am going to keep trying to get in. Ohana's is my FAVORITE place to eat and I can't imagine going to WDW and not eating there. Thanks

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-07-2008, 05:10 PM
If you call everyday and are flexible about times, you probably have a chance....depends on where

Aggie97
05-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Definitely keep calling to check for cancellations. I've even been able to get ADRs at popular spots (including 'Ohana) that were completely booked before we left home, by continuing to call from WDW. :mickey:

kg00616
05-13-2008, 09:40 AM
I was trying to get into a princess meal but didn't have any luck calling. I tried for about 3 weeks up until we went to no avail. But when we got there I went to the conceriege and asked. He also didn't have anything available but then the manager came over and got us in! So, try when you get there and if there isn't a manager right there ask for one because he said that he had access to more than the concierge did. :mickey:

Jared
05-13-2008, 10:08 AM
The chances are slim but existent. Even during the special dining promotion, plans change and groups do cancel reservations. Keep calling every day and hope. Unfortunately, you cannot be entirely flexible with times, so your options may be even more limited.

Good luck. 'Ohana is one of my favorite restaurants, too.

:tasty:

Ally'sMom
05-20-2008, 04:10 PM
I know a little time has passed since you posted your message - Have you gotten a ressie? We are going in Aug and tried to get into Ohana, the only time they had was 9:15 - I took it, but my son will only be 11 months old and he will not be a very happy camper, but I love that place. I tried calling a couple of times but the reservation people said that not many people cancel their ressie's, but I will keep trying. Just wondering if you had any luck??

Natazu
05-20-2008, 09:32 PM
I came up with 13%.

katzctkpt
05-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Keep on calling calling calling. Someone will cancel eventually and then it's luck of the straw.

mouseketeer mom
05-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Call like crazy. Be willing to perhaps book two tables for your party at the same time and perhaps, but not always they can seat you together.

Dakota Rose
05-21-2008, 04:27 PM
OUr last trip was during free dining and I had the same problem with both 'Ohana and Cinderella's. I called every morning and eventually -- about 3 weeks before we left -- got the days I wanted. My 'Ohana ressie was a little earlier than I wanted, and my CRT was a good 2 hours later than I wanted, but I took 'em. Good luck!