PDA

View Full Version : Disney Scrapbooking Tips

brewcrew26
05-06-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm new to scrapbooking and I'm starting to put together a book of our honeymoon trip. DH's aunt gave me a cool 12x12 Disney World album for Christmas and a bunch of Disney-themed pages and accents. I've scoured Joann's and Michael's for cool papers, ribbons, and other things.

Any tips on sorting through pictures, arranging a layout, or just random tips that you've found useful in making your scrapbook layouts?

Thanks!!

Septbride2002
05-07-2008, 10:35 AM
I always save things like receipts, the resort map, fast passes, the room keys - etc to add to my scrapbook layouts. Also if you wrote a trip report - print it out and create a folder page in the back to store it in. I have done that with all our scrapbooks and people love to read the stories.

For resort pictures I like to buy paper and stickers that reflect that resort.

Animal Kingdom Lodge - animal prints
Polynesian/CBR - tropical prints
Port Orleans - Mardi Gras mask and colors.

I'm big into journaling so make sure you journal a little on each page. Describe the resort, describe why you took these pictures and what you like about them.

~Amanda

Flower
05-07-2008, 02:34 PM
If you are just getting started, it can be VERY overwhelming! Do you have a local scrapbook store? If so, I do suggest taking a beginner class to help you get started.

As for page layouts, if you are not sure about placements, check out websites & scrapbook magazines. "Scrap lifting" is very popular, example, if you see someones layout and really like it, think of how you can arrange your own pictures to make the layout work.

Two great idea sites are two peas in a bucket and page maps. Two peas is where scrappers can display their work, do challenges, purchase products, etc. Page maps shows you sketches of lay out ideas and some samples of how the layouts can be completed.

I like to sort my photos in a theme, example Disney resorts. I will then pick my papers to go with it, background & patterns, pick ribbons, flowers, etc to go with it and I keep all of it in a ziplock bag - according to theme. Once I am ready to sit an scrap I grab the bag with all of my materials in it and I sit and go to it!

Be sure to check our Disney scrapbooking monthly challenge for ideas too! http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=125127

Disney-4-Me
05-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Just looking at packs and packs of pictures from a vacation is overwhelming but once they are organized, scrapping is ALL fun from there.

I usually organize my pictures by placing them in the page protectors in my scrapbook. I have a basic idea for a design for the page. I usually organize my Disney Scrapbooks by parks we visit and by lands. You could also opt to organize by events. It's really just a personal choice.

Have a wonderful time reliving your vacation through scrapping!:D