PDA

View Full Version : More DVC points

BigG007
05-06-2008, 08:28 PM
I am thinking of buying more points

Is it better to buy more points on for my home resort or should I buy into a different resort

JMTStone
05-07-2008, 10:35 AM
I just bought 50 additional points from AKV and our HOME resort is SSR. I love AKV and want to stay there more. I bought from the Timeshare Store (Intercot Sponsor - above) and so far it has been MUCH easier than my purchase from DVC direct.

I don't know if this will make everything more difficult for us or not.... There are so much fewer points, it doesn't mean we can book 11 months out at AKV for our entire stay. But at least we got our foot in the door.

hlkeck
05-08-2008, 01:09 PM
we're thinking of doing the same thing but at a different resort for the same reason that it would be nice to get a few days in at the 11 mo window at the resort we would really like to go to...although, i am withholding the decision until we actually stay the first time at our home resort -- akv, which we do this September. Then we can decide how much we love it here and add-on or buy BCV re-sale which I think we are learning toward...

10DogMom
07-06-2008, 04:38 PM
We just added on and I was more concerned about Use Year than resort. We never go in the really popular DVC times (and are very flexible in our dates), so it didn't matter to us. But I didn't want to have to worry about figuring it out with different UY.