PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever seen Disney from the plane?

Septbride2002
05-06-2008, 04:40 PM
I have been able to find Disney from the plane twice. The first was in 2004 and we actually circled the airport due to the landing pattern being full, and I could find the Grand Floridian, Spaceship Earth, and the Swan and Dolphin. I could also make out Space Mountain (a white dot) but the castle is to small to see).

This last trip when we took off we also flew over - although the only thing I could really make out was the hidden mickey head lake at the Richard Petty Driving Experience.

~Amanda

Nini
05-06-2008, 05:01 PM
No!! And I ALWAYS have the window seat, and I ALWAYS look for something recognizeable!!!

I guess maybe I have a bad sense of direction, because when we are starting to land I think I know which way to look, but by the time we make all those turns and spirals I have no idea what's what.

Glad you got to see something though. I'll keep trying!!

Denise:mickey:

kdkhopper
05-06-2008, 05:56 PM
I've only flown in once and didn't see anything - I lose all sense of direction too! This thread also made me realize that I don't remember ever seeing planes (from the parks/resorts) going over WDW during our visits - I'm sure I must be wrong about this?

mouselover93
05-06-2008, 06:00 PM
i've never flown before but am this december hope i see this

princessjojo
05-06-2008, 06:54 PM
I thought I remember reading somewhere that WDW was a no fly zone. I could be very wrong though, but it would explain why you've never seen any planes overhead.

merlinmagic4
05-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Supposedly we saw fireworks from WDW on our last night flight (Nov). The pilot announced it but I don't know if it was MK or IllumiNations.

vizsla
05-07-2008, 05:21 AM
Out of all my trips to WDW, we have never seen the world when flying in. We always look for a landmark which would be Spaceship Earth because of its size but never had any luck.

kdbianchini
05-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Our last trip in January, I was able to point out Epcot and the Magic Kingdom. You don't fly directly over Disney, you are off to the side, but you can still make out the tiny dots.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-07-2008, 10:08 AM
We always look but have not spotted anything yet! We will be looking again in December.:mickey:

TheMartellFamily
05-07-2008, 03:45 PM
One time when we flew the captain actually got on the speaker and told that if we were on the right side of the plane and look way out you will be able to see the Spaceship earth. The other thing he pointed out was the Contemporary. It was a dot in the way distance but we did get to see it since we were seated on the right side of the plane. This is the one and only time when we have flown that we have seen WDW by plane.

Mickey07
05-07-2008, 04:01 PM
I thought I remember reading somewhere that WDW was a no fly zone. I could be very wrong though, but it would explain why you've never seen any planes overhead.

I've also read/heard that Disney is a no fly zone.

jpH/keD
05-07-2008, 04:29 PM
On our first trip on a plane in 05 we flew in at night. We did see the fireworks from the plane but I am not sure if they were from MK or Epcot! They were very clear and it was awesome for my small kids! They still remember that part!! :thumbsup: As for daytime flights, I have never recognized anything there either??

barnaby
05-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Not quite the same as flying, but check out WDW on Google Maps or Google Earth. They have aerial photography.

DisFan01
05-07-2008, 05:03 PM

I don't think this could be true...I have many times seen planes put out smoke and spell out stuff, unless they don't consider that "flying"... :confused:

crazypoohbear
05-07-2008, 10:19 PM
I've never seen disney from the plane but the first time we went to Disney my DS (then 4) stopped on the way out of the plane and exclaimed to the pilot (when they would greet you at the door)
"Hey, you landed in the wrong place, we are suppose to be at Disneyworld!":mickey:
The pilot and attendants were cracking up. :D

Soul_Power
05-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm not even sure if my plane ride passes over WDW (I come from California), but I was definitely looking! I requested a window seat on the plane especially for this reason (I had my camera ready and everything), but I had no luck!

Bethis26fan
05-08-2008, 01:36 PM
I've never seen disney from the plane but the first time we went to Disney my DS (then 4) stopped on the way out of the plane and exclaimed to the pilot (when they would greet you at the door)
"Hey, you landed in the wrong place, we are suppose to be at Disneyworld!":mickey:
The pilot and attendants were cracking up. :D

lol too cute.