PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining Period Booked?

iceicebritney
05-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Has any one else run into the problem with trying to find somewhere that isn't booked during the free dining period?

Every resort and date combination I try seems to be booked, at least online.

Does anyone know if you have better luck calling disney central reservations?

hlkeck
05-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah - I booked everything before they announced the free dining. I have friends meeting us there that week and they tried to book last week - and couldn't get into anything but Mickey's BYBBQ with us. Apparently Chef Mickey's is completely booked for the whole week. They are a family a 6 - but they gave them a reservation for 5 b/c that's all they can seat - so they had to promise to hold the 1 y/o DS.

I didn't have issues, but booked exactly 180 out before the announcement - I'm thinking people are jumping all over it plus Disney has an awesome deal for the Values at the same time. $57/pp per day - incl room, dining, and park tix. Yikes - that's pretty darn reasonable!

cal5755
05-06-2008, 01:51 PM
I would suggest contacting Magical Journey's they will be the best at helping you book during the free dining period. We just expanded our Grand Gathering by 2 rooms and last week Kathy got 2 rooms at ASMu. They will keep calling for you to find something available.

Good Luck!!

MuchLovedMama
05-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Looks like All Star Sports & Caribbean Beach are available for a check in of 9/18. That's when I'm going so every now & then I just check out of curosity so I've been putting 6 nights but for me they still show up.

vicster
05-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Ditto on trying Magical Journeys. I booked before free dining was announced and so I didn't have any problems.

iceicebritney
05-06-2008, 02:29 PM
okay i tried checking in on the 18th, and that seems to work... but maybe i'll keep playing around with it. we were really planning to check in on the 20th of september and stretch it out so we are there for the food n wine festival.

i guess i'll keep playing around with it - but its good to know that it is constantly being updated.