PDA

View Full Version : How are crowds at this time?

caubert
05-06-2008, 11:02 AM
We will be arriving May 13th and I was curious what the crowd levels are right now. Seems like even the last week of April was still packed. I was trying to get an idea of wait times for popular rides. Thanks.
caubert

MickeyMomof2
05-06-2008, 12:10 PM
According to another site, the crowds should be about 5s and 6s on a 10 point scale, with 10 being the highest. That is good! (4s and 5s are generally the best you can get on the crowd calendar; 3s are rare, and I have never seen a 2 or 1.)

davidrea
05-06-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm sure the crowds will maintain, but for sure the spring breaks are over and the big specials (like free meal plan, star wars weekend, etc.) are not going on. I believe the lower dollar is giving disney a boost right now. :mickey:

Fast passes and morning hours will keep those wait times lower. :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
05-06-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm sure the crowds will maintain, but for sure the spring breaks are over and the big specials (like free meal plan, star wars weekend, etc.) are not going on. I believe the lower dollar is giving disney a boost right now. :mickey:

Fast passes and morning hours will keep those wait times lower. :mickey:

I agree!!:mickey:

davidrea
05-06-2008, 03:06 PM
I guess I didn't clarify, but lower dollar brings in more foreign vacationers. Imagine getting the Grand Floridian at a 50% discount which is about what it is with Euros.

DisneyDog
05-07-2008, 02:32 PM
We just got back on Monday. I wouldn't know how to rate the crowds on a scale, but I thought it was pretty crowded. A bit difficult to get around in the open areas. But, we seemed to time all of our rides/shows just right and magically seemed to walk right in to most. The longest wait we had on anything was about 20 minutes. Not sure how we did that -- got lucky, I guess!

4myprincesses
05-07-2008, 11:22 PM
At WDW right now :)

MK yesterday felt crowded (we are used to second week of Sept.) but honestly until about 3PM we really did not experience any long waits.

Today was much of the same at Epcot...felt crowded but lines not so bad. We rode Mission Space after a 15 min wait, no wait for Nemo, Soarin was about 40 (of course) those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

It's been sunny with a breeze and we are having a blast and trying to hit all the big rides during the week before Mother's Day weekend. Like I said, we are used to going after Labor Day and having low crowds, so when I say it's a little crowded understand I've never been to WDW during summer break or the holidays.

joelkfla
05-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Guests on the buses this week have remarked about waits of just 10 - 15 minutes at the MK, even for Splash.

A 40 minute wait at Soarin' is a good thing, compared to the usual 90 - 120 minute wait.

I went to Fantasmic! Sunday night, and seats were available right up until show time.

Buttercup
05-08-2008, 08:39 AM
My sister is there right now and says the standby lines for EE and Kil. Safari were both 40 minutes. Everything else was around 10-15 minutes.