PDA

View Full Version : Baby Swap Discontinued?

onjbj
05-06-2008, 07:25 AM
A friend of mine just came back from the world a few weeks ago and said that some rides no longer allow you to baby swap- she mentioned Test Track specifically. Anyone know if this is true? I hadn't heard anything about this service being discontinued....

Main Street Jim
05-06-2008, 07:41 AM
It shouldn't be "discontinued". Maybe they just asked the wrong CM (maybe someone who doesn't quite know the process)for the swap(?).

merlinmagic4
05-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Well, I know you can use it on Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, Expedition Everest, and Splash Mountain :thumbsup:

It was the best thing ever! :mickey:

DmoDisney
05-06-2008, 08:10 AM
baby swap worked like a charm. We used it on several rides, including Test Track, Soarin, BTMR, Splash Mountain among others. We have 3 kids, so the older kids (4 & 7) got to ride virtually twice in a row, one time with mom and then again with dad. The CM will give you a "rider switch" pass which essentially enables you to go in the fastpass line.

Flower
05-06-2008, 09:05 AM
We were able to utilize it in January. I cannot see them doing away with it - did your friend ask to speak to a different CM?

prprincess
05-06-2008, 09:24 AM
I was there the week of 4/20 and we used it for several rides, including Test Track. Maybe the CM she asked was unfamiliar with the practice?

tys_mommy
05-06-2008, 10:37 AM
We did the child swap 2 weeks ago – on test track specifically I remember doing this. Some rides you just needed to ask for a child swap ticket and other you had to have the other parent and younger children with you in or near the line before they would give you the ticket.

onjbj
05-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Yes, I thought it sounded wrong!! She's used it before, so she knows how it works- I don't know what happened! I'm just glad it's still around!! We'll be traveling with our 3 yr old twins in August and we think it's great!

McGoofy
05-07-2008, 04:07 AM
I can't remember which one I was watching, but in one of the new Season of Disney shows that have been airing on Friday nights on the Travel Channel over the last few weeks, they specifically mentioned the child swap being available.

katzctkpt
05-08-2008, 08:58 AM
If in doubt ask another cm some will go out their way to assist while others are less helpful. The shows that has been aired over the last month did talk about child swap and I think Samantha Brown's special spoke of it also.

Coach48
05-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Used baby swap on Soarin' this past Feb

mouseaddict
05-08-2008, 01:38 PM
One time we tried at Test Track and they told us that since the single rider line was so short to just use it. I can't imagine that they would get rid of the baby swap!

Young@Heart
05-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Well, we plan on using it again (although not on TT). I can't imagine they'd ever discontinue it.

TBY2225
05-09-2008, 12:56 PM
I don't see Disney doing away with one of its signature family friendly offerings! We love child swap and it is one of the reasons that we took our son at age 1. Wish I had known about it when my DD6 was little!