PDA

View Full Version : Help! Can't decide on dinner ADR!

andmomlau
05-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Still trying to make one more ADR for August. So many of you have suggested Boma at AKL, but when looking at the menu, I don't think there would be too much that my party would enjoy. I have res. at the Castle for dinner...just myself, DH and DD and her friend, both 20 yrs old. Is the dinner at the castle worth the 2 meals on the Dining Plan? How about Chef Mickey's, later at night? We already have O'Hana's, the Castle and Le Cellier, and breakfast at Kona. I'm getting nervous since so many of the good choices book so fast. Any suggesetions???

Jared
05-06-2008, 12:26 AM
I know you already have a breakfast reservation at Kona Cafe, but I would definitely recommend going back for dinner. It's arguably my favorite restaurant and definitely worth a second trip.

If you're looking for a buffet besides Boma - Flavors of Africa, perhaps try Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club for a clambake.

:tasty:

Natazu
05-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Ok, no worries. Take a deep breath. Remember, a even bad day at Disney is better than a good day at work.

Is the dinner at the castle worth the 2 meals on the Dining Plan?
No, sorry, it's just not a very good value considering just food, pics, & characters. What makes people spend the money (or credits) on Cindy's is simply the experience of eating a meal inside one of the most recognizable brand icons in the world.

How about Chef Mickey's, later at night?
Chef Mickey's is fun, affordable, and the food's pretty good.

We already have O'Hana's, the Castle and Le Cellier, and breakfast at Kona.
'Ohana, Le Cellier, and Kona are awesome!

I'm getting nervous since so many of the good choices book so fast. Any suggesetions??? Marrakesh (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/foodphotos/epcot/worldshowcase/main3.asp#marrakesh)

HndrdPrcnt
05-06-2008, 01:50 AM
My vote would be for California Grill.:thumbsup: We love this place and if you book your reservations for 1 - 1 1/2 hours prior to Wishes, you will be able to enjoy the show (including the music which is piped in) right there at your table. You are on the 15th floor of the Contemporary and have the most amazing view of Wishes anywhere in the entire WDW area.

In addition to the amazing view of Wishes and the MK, you will also enjoy some of the best food that Disney offers on property and a great wine selection as well.

Enjoy!!

JenniferS.
05-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Breakfast is much better than the dinner at the castle. Maybe you should switch Kona to dinner and the castle to breakfast.

Tygger7
05-06-2008, 08:24 AM
If you enjoy buffets, try Crystal Palace (for breakfast, lunch, or dinner). Personally, I love Whispering Canyon over in the Wilderness Lodge. :D

Mulan
05-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Don't rule out Bomas because of the menu. The food is excellant. Our DD's love this place (and they don't eat off the kids buffet). My favorite is the Fufu. It's mashed sweet potatoes. The Curried Coconut Seafood Stew is goo too. What I like about Boma is that the chefs are right there, so if you have a question about something just ask. They love to talk about their food. I notice that the dessert menu shows two items. Wel there are alot more items on the menu. The Zebra Domes are awesome. Try those first!

Not sure where you are staying but during they day while Boma is closed they have a tour that you can take. A chef will go over the history of Africian food and you get to taste some of the food. This tour will also include a tour of Jiko. Jiko is another good restaurant to try.

Mrs.Mickey
05-06-2008, 01:03 PM
I was afraid that I would'nt like anything at Boma's when I booked it but it was one of the best restaurants I have ever been to on disney property!
I would also have to say that Cindy's is not worth the money/credits that you use for it, the food is no diffrent than any other place on property. I would try the Crystal Palace thier food was great plus you get to dine with Pooh Bear. :thumbsup: Also Chef Mickey's had pretty good food as well.

princessgirls
05-06-2008, 01:37 PM
I would agree with the other intercotees!

CRT is not worth 2 meal credits for dinner. Chef Mickey's, Cape May Cafe, O'Hana's, Kona Kafe, are all fabulous and 1 credit!

Enjoy your trip.
Julie:mickey:

katzctkpt
05-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Breakfast is much better than the dinner at the castle. Maybe you should switch Kona to dinner and the castle to breakfast.

I've read this so many times. We haven't done breakfast or dinner but, have often smelled breakfast and it smelled so gooood. We are keeping our fingers crossed to get to do breakfast this yr at the castle and I think we're doing Kona for dinner.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
05-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Don't pass up Bomas, it's FANTASTIC!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Young@Heart
05-06-2008, 11:36 PM
I highly recommend 1900 Park Fare! What a great experience we had there, and the food was wonderful, too. :number1:

Kidsmom
05-07-2008, 09:10 AM
I would suggestion Cali. Grill or Jiko's especially for the ages of your group. A nice relaxing grown up meal would be nice.

We love both of these restaurants!

Good Luck...you will have fun no matter where you eat!

boobalk
05-07-2008, 06:10 PM
A few suggestions...
Whispering Canyon @ WL resort :thumbsup:
Cape May Cafe @ Y/B Club:thumbsup:
Rose & Crown Pub @ Epcot (w/Illuminations)
We never miss the Hoop-Dee-Do:thumbsup:

tiaramom
05-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Boma is an amazing dining experience.
The food is terrific- fresh- and there are many dishes to choose from. Dont let the African theme pull you away ( thinking the foods are too exotic). There are plenty of wonderful familiar dishes and splashes of authentic African dishes. A
Vegeterians haven and meat lovers fantasy.
The Deserts are pretty good too. Try the Zebra Domes. Oh so Good! The

tiaramom
05-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Boma is an amazing dining experience.
The food is terrific- fresh- and there are many dishes to choose from. Dont let the African theme pull you away ( thinking the foods are too exotic). There are plenty of wonderful familiar dishes and splashes of authentic African dishes. A
Vegeterians haven and meat lovers fantasy.
The Deserts are pretty good too. Try the Zebra Domes. Oh so Good! The Soups are really well prepared and the choices are about 3 flavors.
Salads like no other, veggies, meats, fish and a beautiful setting. Please go here, Do not pass it up.