PDA

View Full Version : Which Signature Dining Experience?

RockinRollerMom
05-05-2008, 11:05 AM
DH, DD8, DM and me will be trying a signature dining meal for the first time this coming December. I have been tentatively been planning on Cali Grill. Hopefully I will be able to get an ADR to coincide with Wishes. Is this the best choice. Is there any other signature restaurant that you would reccomend instead for 3 adults and DD8?

KAT1811
05-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Personally this is my favorite "signature dining" restaurant on Disney property. You cannot beat the views and the atmosphere they bring to the eatery. The menu is phenomenal and the service is outstanding. We enjoyed our meal so much when we were there last. I would pull a 6:55am dial-a-thon on the first day of your dining to ensure a time that coincides with Wishes. The view from the observation deck is breathtaking. You can actually see all of the parks from the restaurant. IMHO a fabulous experience that goes way beyond food.

brewcrew26
05-05-2008, 11:34 AM
We really enjoyed Artist Point at WL. Everything from the food to the service was top notch. If you time it right, you can end your meal and walk out to the dock area and see the water pageant going by. We would definitely go back but there's so many others like Cali Grill that we want to try. I doubt you can go wrong with any of the signature dining selections.

Mary M
05-05-2008, 12:09 PM
You can't go wrong with any of them, really.

California Grill is a big favorite. I was just there on Friday (:D) and it's a great place to watch Wishes.

I've eaten at Citrico's and loved it. Artist's Point was less impressive, but certainly not bad by any means. We just liked the menu at CG more.

SBETigg
05-05-2008, 12:13 PM
California Grill would be my choice, and I wouldn't even worry about having a table with the best view of fireworks. The views are fantastic all over the restaurant (we could even see Illuminations fireworks from Epcot at our table, and the Electric Water Pageant on the lagoon) and the viewing deck has the most amazing view of Wishes. Plus, great food and service, good for all ages.

My second choice would be Narcoossee's, because it also has good food, service, and a viewing area for Wishes.

Kairi_7378
05-05-2008, 04:00 PM
You can't really go wrong with most of the signature dining experiences. It really depends on what kind of experience you'd like to have while you dine.

For fireworks viewing, CA Grill and Narcoose's can't be beat. They are good in and of themselves, without worrying about scheduling around fireworks. Sherri did some great reviews of these restaurants during her summer 2007 trip. If you want to soak up a wonderful atmosphere, Jiko would be the ticket. Artist's Point in the Wilderness Lodge is good but we didn't have the magical experience there that brewcrew had. (Check for her review, she had a wonderful honeymoon meal there.) Flying Fish has gotten some rave reviews recently. Brown Derby is also great but can get a little loud.

Natazu
05-05-2008, 08:46 PM
You'll have a hard time finding a better consistently wonderful dining experience than California Grill. The view alone is worth a trip but it doesn't stop there. The staff is superlative and the eclectic menu has something for everyone. They have a world renowned sushi chef and a phenomenal wine list.