PDA

View Full Version : Dining alone

Mary M
05-05-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm going to be in Orlando for a conference and of course I'm going to the parks after the sessions during the day.

I'm probably going to be alone, though. No problem - Single rider lines are my friend.

Any suggestions for good places to dine alone? I'm currently thinking I'll stick to counter service places just to make things easier.

I'm going to be in AK, MK, and DHS. I'm staying in one of the DTD hotels.

Friend of Figment
05-05-2008, 11:01 AM
I've traveled solo to the World many times. I always eat TS and it works out just fine. The CM are there to make sure everyone has a good time whether your group is 1 or 22. Sometimes as a single you can get in without a reservation. Both at Yak and Yeti and 50's Primetime Cafe you can sit at the bar and order off the menu so even if they are full, you can still eat. If you like TS I wouldn't hesitate to go just because you are alone.

Mary M
05-05-2008, 11:14 AM
I hadn't thought of the bar option. Hm..

And now I'm thinking California Grill... :tasty:

except I think my husband might divorce me if i went to CG without him. :envy: ;)

Donald
05-05-2008, 06:11 PM
I hadn't thought of the bar option. Hm..

And now I'm thinking California Grill... :tasty:

except I think my husband might divorce me if i went to CG without him. :envy: ;)

It's a need to know basis-what he doesn't need to know, won't hurt him!!:secret:

Sit down and enjoy your favorite places. I love dining alone. I can eat at my own pace and enjoy the sounds of silence! (much needed after conventions!)

Have a great time!:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
05-05-2008, 06:15 PM
The few times I've been alone I've only done CS restaurants. Flame Tree is good because you can go down by the water to eat or see if you can snag a table at Cosmic Ray's while Sonny Eclipse is "performing".

Natazu
05-05-2008, 08:22 PM
First, go anyplace alone you'd go with other people. That said, there are some places I think are better than others for single diners because of views, chef's counters, sushi counters, show kitchens, full service bars, etc.

Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Restaurants for Solo Diners:
7. ‘Ohana
6. Coral Reef
5. Brown Derby lunch with an Imagineer
4. Citrico’s
3. Marrakesh
2. Flying Fish Café
1. California Grill